Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2005, 05:29 AM   #1
jimcar827
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4829
West on U.S. 2 from MI to Montana

In July dw and I are heading to The Calgary Stampede, leaving Michigan in early July via the U. P. through Minnisota, North Dakota into Montana. After the Stampede we will be headibg south from Montana to Colorado and New Mexico and Arizona.
What a way to break in out new Mountaineer!!!
Any and all advice on CG's along the way will be welcomed.

Thanks,
Jim

jimcar827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
Montana_4791
Established Member

M.O.C. #4791
You will find a great campground 18 miles south of Livingston, Montana. Name is Yellowstone's Edge RV Park. We will be working there next summer and it is a great place to be. Stop and see us and say hi.
Montana_4791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:19 PM   #3
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Yellowstone's Edge looks like a great place. I have bookmarked their website and will likely include it on our long-planned trip west through the Badlands, the Black Hills, Yellowstone, and on to British Columbia. Keep waiting for that call from my financial advisor saying we can afford to retire!
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:44 AM   #4
jimcar827
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4829
Thanks Wendi and Phil, You are on my list.

Bill, do you think that Dodge is up to that big a trip?
LOl Jim
jimcar827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:51 AM   #5
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
As a former Tech'er, I have made the UP US-2 trip in my many years as a student. My son was stationed in Minot, ND and I drove that stretch 2 yrs ago. US-2 goes right through Minot. I got on US-2 at St Ignace, MI and never got off. Roads were good all the way, but a little congested in MN when going from 4 to 2 lanes. I drove 20 hrs straight (from Bellaire, MI) to Minot (in a Park Ave). Thought I might get bored and tired. Never happened. All sorts of new country to see. Weird seeing lakes (not ponds) in the middle of wheat fields. Lots of waterfowl... careful... they fly low from one side of the road to the other. Many are hit by vehicles.

I then traveled north into Manitoba from there. My cell seemed to work fine out there (Alltel). No Highway Patrol in ND to speak of (no motorists). All law enforcement stays in the towns... where the people are. We would drive for 50 miles in the middle of the day and never see another vehicle (missle silos, though).
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The Mountain Meadow RV Park at Hungry Horse, MT, just west of Glacier National Park is one of our favorite rv parks. Beautiful setting. It is on US 2 but you'd have to go around Glacier as you won't be allowed on Going to the Sun Road with the house behind you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:40 PM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I think Yellowstone's Edge is the park where we stayed when we visited Yellowstone NP over July 4th. If so, they have a great BBQ/potluck dinner for all the residents on the Fourth. They also have some of the nicest facilities that we saw on our five month trip to Alaska.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #8
keepontruckin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2484
Send a message via MSN to keepontruckin
The Yellowstone EDGE RV park south of listing referred tro by fulltimer1997 is a great park. Located next to the Yellowstone river and still provides good fly fishing. We stayed for a week the latter part of September 2005 after leaving West Yellowstone.

There is also a great RV park in Lethbridge, ALberta, CA. Bridgeview RV Park. It also sits on the river. Canada HWY 3 passes right by it. HWY 3 is an excellent highway to drive and Highway 1 is also.

Have fun at the stampede!
keepontruckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:19 PM   #9
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
keepontruckin~
Is that a Westin brush guard on your truck? I have been trying to decide on having one installed and have not be able to find a picture of my truck with one. I must admit you have a great taste in trucks and rv's. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #10
Montana_4791
Established Member

M.O.C. #4791
I am glad to hear such good reports about Yellowstone's Edge. Yes, we do have a great "feed" on July 4th. We also have a Buffalo Burger Cookout over the Labor Day weekend. It is a great park, and wonderful guests. Everyone there is like family, whether you are there for a day, a week, or the whole summer!!
I know we really enjoyed working there last summer and we are already looking forward to 2006! Hope to see some of you!
Montana_4791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 AM   #11
Iowafan
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3419
Wendi, I think we met you when we were at Yellowstone River's Edge. I know we walked down to see where your Montana was parked. Glad that you found the forum.
Iowafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #12
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Keepontruckin,

I like your MOC number idea.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:26 PM   #13
keepontruckin
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2484
Send a message via MSN to keepontruckin
Sweetfire,

I have received several compliments on the MOC decal. For all those interested, cost was $100 total to do both sides of RV. We were able to match the font that Keystone utilized on the lettering. If you are interested in purchasing some, just email me and I will forward the person's tel number that did them. He is based in MN. The size is equal to the uppercase M on the other Montana lettering and blends to the green at the bottom. I'll talk to Glenn about posting on his index page.

I know we should not really continue discussing on this thread.
keepontruckin is offline   Reply With Quote