Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2005, 06:56 AM   #1
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
2955 slide

I just brought in my slides on my 2955RL. About half way in, the main slide stopped. I released the button and depressed it again and the slide did retract fully. I fully extended both slides and then started the retraction again. Same thing about midway on the main slide.

Going on vacation Thursday and this is the first time this has happened.

Any thoughts on this?

illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:55 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Try doing a search here at MOC, see search button at top of page,

This has been discussed and rather than give you bad data, I am suggesting the search. Think there was talk of a larger inline fuse (Al is the electrican, not me, so don't take my word or memory for it).

Ours did this in January when it was cold cold cold. Stopped, started in about 10 seconds. This is the only time it does it for us.

Course, there is all that maintenance that should be done, cleaning and lubrication of the slides.

I think there was even some chatter about low battery, not fully charged battery.

Better get that search button warmed up until some of the fellows happen along with the REAL goods on this situation.

Have fun on your vacation!!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:38 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Illapah, ours is a 2003 but it's a different model than yours so I don't know for sure this will apply to yours. We had the problem of ours stopping several times. What happened is the breaker was popping. It resets itself when it cools. It turns out the wrong size breaker was installed. Keystone sent our dealer the correct size. That was over two years ago and it's not happened even once since then.

Another possibility is the slide mechanism needs lubing. I'd recommend a non-greasy (don't want to collect dirt) lube like dry-lube slide lube. Some (few) Walmarts have it. An RV dealer would have it as do Camping World and Campers Choice. It's really great stuff and works very well. It could be there's enough drag to cause the electrical draw to be too great and it's popping the resetting breaker. When it cools off a bit the breaker resets and you can move the slide again. Also, when the slide gets a bit jumpy when moving, that's a clue to me ours need lubing. I probably lube them about twice per year with the spray lube.

Neither of those things may help but thought I'd mention them as that's what we've experienced.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote