Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
1000 Trails Chesapeake, VA

Arrived Tuesday. Will be here for three weeks. Located in site C-34, drop by if in the area. Have a lot to see this stop. Accepting recommendations!!!!!!!! Hint Hint Hint.

Phil

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
Chip
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6338
Hey Phil

We are actually in the area at several different campgrounds from June 29 through July 8th. We are spending the 4th in Williamsburg. We love that historic area. We have been going the last couple of years.
If you love history you have to go to Williamsburg and also Yorktown and Jamestown. The civil war site at Fredricksburg is also interesting.

Drew

2012 Big Sky 3400, now an SOB 5th wheel
2007 Montana 3075 previously
2015 GMC 3500 Dually
Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:06 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I checked the 1000 trails website for that location and got this list of to dos: Colonial Downs for horse racing; Historic towns of Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, and Fredericksburg; 200 acres shopping at Williamsburg Pottery; Busch Gardens; Water Country USA; Paramount Kings Dominion; Virginia Beach; Norfolk Botanical Gardens; Mattaponi and Pamunkey Indian reservations; NASA; Shipyards; Military bases, art and science museums; Air shows; Williamsburg Winery; and finally Berkeley, Shirley, Sherwood Forest and Evelynton historic plantations.

I have been to Williamsburg but barely touched the surface. I have been to Fredricksburg (Manassas/Bull Run Civil War battle areas) and driven the Cheasapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel. I saw the Norfolk shipyards but didn't like traveling some of the neighborhood to get there so we stayed away. West Point is also near by.

On our next trip there, DW and I like shopping, eating, wine tasting, museums, historical or military places, so you can get an idea what we like. We don't do amusement parks too much (waiting for the grandkids to get older), or water parks (too hectic), or high level activities (we prefer visual versus heavy physical) outside of pretty good hikes so you get the idea what we wouldn't go after. We do like beaches and even body surfing a little.

Have fun over there!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #4
Rescue 1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6113
We stayed there a few years ago for a weekend. Seemed to be a nice park, too bad it rained most of it. I'm not sure how much of a drive your looking for however we're having an airshow over here at Dover AFB, Delaware this weekend. http://www.dover.af.mil/

When you make it to Hershey, another nice park. We've stayed there several times. Depending on how long you plan on staying in Hershey, maybe we'll jump on the Harley just to ride up and see some other MOC'ers....
Rescue 1 is offline   Reply With Quote