Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Ely, Nevada

We're in ELY, Nevada. What a trip from Allyn, Washington! The truck was acting up last week, took it to my dealer he said the air mass flow sensor was bad, they replaced it under warranty, I'm Happy!!!NOT!!!! We make it all the way to Durkee, Oregon, and it poops out on me completely. I called On Star (God Bless them), they sent out a tow truck, took it into Ontario Oregon(75 miles, neareest Chevy Dealer) to Hanigan GMC, (HEROES!!!)They found it wasn't the air flow sensor, but the EGR Valve that got stuck open after the truck reached temp, when I slowed down, it would dump raw fuel into the engione and it would bog down and die. Spent two nights out back of a little bitty gas station, and restuarant. They had 2 rv spots out back for the hunting season and allowed us to stay in them for only $20 per night.
Hanigans air freighted the part in from Lansing Michigan overnight, the truck was down for 2days, when they were through with it my friend took me to Ontario and we picked the truck up, hooked up both Montys and spent that night in Mountain Home, Idaho. Pulled in to Ely today 24 may 2 days late, but we're here and will be able to make the main reservation in Reno on the27th. FUN!!!!!!!!!!The Truck is running like a top, and the Apartment tows like a dream.
I was even able to talk Phyllis in to taking an extra 2 days vacation. We'll be bak in washington on the sixth of June. my total cost for air freight and 2 nights for 2 Montys $78.00. If you are ever in Ontario, Oregon and need a truck fixed Hanigan's is the place.
sorry for the long post!!!

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:53 PM   #2
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Oh, my gosh! So glad to hear that you got everything taken care of and are able to continue your trip. It is heartwarming to hear when good things happen after the bad. Happy camping for the rest of your trip!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote