Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #1
Fireman

M.O.C. #4416
Speakers in the bedroom

Hello everyone,

My wife and i recently took our 2955RL out for a short trip break it in I guess you would say. We just went to a local campsite in our home town. Put together a "small" list on things we need to get for it; and a list of general questions for the dealer or you guys.
The one general question we had was on the speakers of the surround sound. One night we went up to get some movies to bring back to watch and we had a "heck" of a time working the surround sound. The kids were going to watch a movie in our front bedroom and we were going to watch our movie out in the living room. Well when we turned ours on the sound was going to the front bedroom speakers and it was disturbing the kids' movie. My wife and I must of worked on that for at least 2 hours to a point where I ended up dropping down the bedroom speakers and disconnecting them. The million dollar question is, Is there a way to turn off the front bedroom speakers when watching a movie or even listening to the radio? We tried the a/b speaker button on the dvd itself, that didn't work. Now on my in-laws trailer they have a switch to where she can turn off the the front bedroom speakers. Please help
I wrote Keystone themselves and they really have not gotten back w/ me on this subject.
Senario....lets say I want to watch a movie and my wife wants to go to bed. Well I should be able to turn off the front bedroom speakers so she will not hear my movie and she can go to bed. Right?

What do guys think?

Fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 08:43 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Fireman,
You are having a interesting problem with your Quest unit. Then again, I think many of us are having problems with ours as well. In my coach I have the a or b or a/b speaker selection button on the unit as you mentioned, as well as an on/off switch next to the speakers in the bedroom itself. Sorry, but I have no other ideas on how to solve your problem. I have found it better to call Keystone directly rather than send emails, as they do not seem to ever reply to emails. Again, just my findings.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Montana Sky
Did your 3400 come with the on/off switch in the bedroom? Our 2005 didn't.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Parrothead,
Yes, it is a black switch right next to the speaker. So glad that I have it. I will admit I do forget that sometimes I have it on up there and then put a cd in and when that thing starts I awake the entire campground. It is also nice as sometimes I put a cd on and turn off speaker A(living room) and just have bedroom on while reading the MOC page before bed. BTW, how is your new truck doing?
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #5
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
I have a black "rocker-style" switch in the bedroom ceiling to turn the speakers on or off. The other thing I noticed, when I replaced my Quest unit, is that the speaker wires for the bedroom speakers are connected to the same terminal as the front surround speakers. You could do one of two things:
1. Disconnect these speaker wires so no sound is transmitted to bedroom speakers;
2. Install an A/B or on/off switch between the Quest speaker terminals and bedroom speaker wires so you can turn the bedroom speakers on or off.

Hope this helps.

Bruce
Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:45 AM   #6
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
We have a 2003 3295RK, does I have a switch somewhere that shuts off the bedroom speakers or is that something you all added?
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
The Quest unit in our trailer has an "A"-"B" or "All" button on it. The "A" setting is for the surround sound in the living room. The "B" setting is the bedroom and of course the "All" setting is both sets of speakers.

HTH,

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Mine was there when I purchased the rig.
Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote