Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2016, 05:39 AM   #1
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
Entry door question

We have a 2015 Mountaineer 310 RET. Our entry door only opens to 90 degrees with a strut holding the door. It also doesn't have frosted glass on the window. Does anyone else have that type of door or a window without frosted glass? Just curious. Thanks.

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
2015 GMC Sierra Denali Dually
Former StClairSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:28 AM   #2
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
I have seen them with no window, long windows, standard windows with and with out frosted glass in them. i have seen them with windows that open, close and everything in between. The only thing i don't see any more is the jealousy windows i think they fazed them out a few decades ago.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:59 AM   #3
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
When we had to replace the window in the door of our 3800RE, the only window we could get out of the factory was the clear glass with tint that matches the rest of the windows in our unit...the opaque glass was not being made in the long window that fits our montana. So, we got the tinted, installed it, and had no problems with it. However, I wanted more privacy at night, so for awhile I hung fabric in front of the window and then I went to Lowes and got a sheet of thin plastic meant for florescent ceiling light fixtures that comes in various different styles. Had to cut with dremel since it cracks so easy, but no big deal. Now have this velcro'd in the inside window frame. Now it is tinted and privacy. John
Old 04-30-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
John-- Montana started using the shorter clear glass windows in about 2012 units or so. Some have taken their glass to a glass replacement shop and purchased the frosted glass from them and others have purchased the stick-on glass covering which you can purchase at most hardware stores and put that on their window. Others have gone to Mexico or gone to a stained glass shop and purchased a stained glass window to replace it.
Concerning the door only opening to a 90 degree position. Again Keystone started using this type of hinge on the 2014 units instead of the doors that swing all the way to the outside wall of the unit. All of the newer units have this type of doors on them. If you go to any dealer and check out the new units you will find your doors on all of the units.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:47 PM   #5
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
Rondo, I understand the door explanation. The clear tinted entry door window I disagree with. Without a frosted window or some type of blind or curtain, you can see right into the rig at night. At the last Montana rally every entry door window was frosted, including another 2015 310 RET. I have discussed this with Keystone service and they agree. The window should have been frosted. They checked their production records and cannot explain why the clear window was used. The window is being replaced later next week with the frosted version. I was just curious to see if any one else had that issue. thanks everyone for your input.

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
2015 GMC Sierra Denali Dually
Former StClairSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #6
catskiner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9253
We replaced the frosted window with a clear window so we could see who was knocking before we opened the door to be safe.
catskiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:55 AM   #7
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Lisa makes stain-glass art so she made some window inserts for a couple of windows so we do not have to always close the shades on them all the time, and when we move the stain-glass is removed and placed on the bed in blankets. The window that i hate is the one at the top of the stairs across from the bath door, that is one for sure has the glass insert so if we leave the bath door open no can see in. also they make contact paper that looks like stain glass so if you want the look but cant get it, that is another solution.
2017, 3500 Ram Big Horn, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, Aisin Transmission, 4:10. Curt Q20, 2014 Mountaineer 331 RLT, Sailun's on the rv and truck.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote