Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
Msjan
Established Member

M.O.C. #9847
Elks Lodges

We are leaving South Florida on May 13 traveling to San Diego via Route 20 accross the country and plan on using Passport America and Elks Lodges(we are new Elks). In addition, we plan on traveling up the coast of California eventually heading up to Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Rushmore, etc. We have family in Ohio where we may leave our fifth wheel and fly back to Florida for a month or so with hopes to fly back and attend our first National Rally.
With all that being said, I am looking for any feedback on Elks Lodges with RV hookups. We are especially looking at the Elks Lodges in California - I have the travel guides and they give lots of info but I am actually looking for reviews from folks that have actually stayed at them.
One of the lodges we are looking at is Chula Vista or Oceanside when we visit San Diego -- any feedback would be appreciated.
In addition, there are several lodges around LA and San Francisco, any feedback for that area.
Sorry to be so wordy -- thanks in advance.

Msjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #2
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Msjan,

Give RV Park Review a try http://www.campgroundreviews.com/ I am not an Elk but, I have seen some Elk Lodge reviews on there.

You might also try http://wecallithome.blogspot.com/ Laurie and Odel are fulltimers, Elk members and spend a fair amount of time in California visiting family. This is their campground review blog and it has 16 Elk Lodges reviews and Elks has a separate category.

Grant aka BirdingRVer
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
The Elks also have local area books listing lodges with rv paking your local lodge should have some. The one I have lists the wst coast
bob
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Msjan

We are leaving South Florida on May 13 traveling to San Diego via Route 20 accross the country and plan on using Passport America and Elks Lodges(we are new Elks). In addition, we plan on traveling up the coast of California eventually heading up to Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, Rushmore, etc. We have family in Ohio where we may leave our fifth wheel and fly back to Florida for a month or so with hopes to fly back and attend our first National Rally.
With all that being said, I am looking for any feedback on Elks Lodges with RV hookups. We are especially looking at the Elks Lodges in California - I have the travel guides and they give lots of info but I am actually looking for reviews from folks that have actually stayed at them.
One of the lodges we are looking at is Chula Vista or Oceanside when we visit San Diego -- any feedback would be appreciated.
In addition, there are several lodges around LA and San Francisco, any feedback for that area.
Sorry to be so wordy -- thanks in advance.
If you e-mail elkstravelguides@earthlink.net you can get information about the the following three sets of guides. Guide I covers AK, AZ, CA, ID, NV, OR, WA. Guide II covers CO, KS, MT, NE, NM, OK, SC, TX, UT, WY. Guide III covers AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN. When we purchased them several years ago, they were $11 per guide, $28 for all three.

There is also a guide that covers 22 states covering the Northeastern portion of the contiguous U.S. Those states are: CT, DE, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NH, NJ, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WI, WV. This volume was $15 back then. I would check with elksrvguide@gulftel.com for information and prices.

The guides have probably all increased.

We have found the guides to be very good.

Orv

I provided the above information not only for the original poster but for those Elks who may not even know about what's available. And I know a lot of Elk RVers who have never heard of camping at Elk Lodges. Seems not many Lodges even push it. It does provide them with some additional income, though not very much because what they ask for is a pittance as compared to RV parks.

We have stayed at many Elk Lodges. We've had hookups and no hookups. We've always been received well and treated like royalty. There has not been a bad lodge in the over 35 lodges we've stayed at.

We stay at one lodge in Jeffersonville, IN, right in their parking lot. Why? Because they welcome us and they have a great 18-hole golf course, open only to Elks members and guests.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
Msjan
Established Member

M.O.C. #9847
I have the Elks travel guides -- what I am looking for is feedback from folks that have actually stayed at the Elks lodges. we are new Elks and have never stayed at any lodges.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
OK, Florence, Or has a very nice one pull throughs, Lincoln City Or has 30 amp,backins, rustic but the elk and deer offset that. We have stayed at both BUT as they are on the Coast u need to make reservations ahead. I will ask the Rv Club who has stayed where and how they were.
bob

we g
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
emorris548
Established Member

M.O.C. #8787
Send a message via MSN to emorris548
Jan & Bill,
I am a Elk from Placerville California. I have stayed at the Elk's Lodge in Chula Vista several times. The sites have full hook ups, including cable. They are all back in and the parking lot slopes a little down hill. It only a short way off the freeway, shopping is near by. Good neighborhood with no problems. Often the Lodge has dinners and other functions. This Lodge is quite popular, you might want to call ahead, however they always have dry camping available in the parking lot until a site comes open. To anyone else reading this post, I have stayed at many Elk's Lodges in the Western US, and including Alaska. I would recommend them for all Elk's members, and in the future for anyone thinking about joining the Elk's Lodge.
emorris548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #8
Msjan
Established Member

M.O.C. #9847
Lee and Elaine,

Thanks so much for your reply -- that was exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Being new to the Elks, we have never visited another lodge so this is all foreign to us.

thanks again
Old 05-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #9
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
I'm a member of the Vista Elks lodge 1968.
We have a real nice lodge with 25 sites that have electrical and water hook up with a dump on site.There is also a large paved dry camping area
The lodge is only a few miles from the Oceanside coast.
Here's our web link. http://www.elks.org/lodges/LodgeFaci...dgeNumber=1968
Ask for Brenda to make reservations.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
We have stayed at many Elks lodges in various states. One in Las Vegas, New Mexico was nice with full hook-ups and a very friendly and helpful members, the one in Santa Maria, Ca. is very nice reservations required for full hook-ups but partial hook-ups (elect. & water with dump at the lodge) are usually available. In Monterey is a beautiful lodge partial hook-ups w/dump at lodge, Petaluma has a very nice lodge w/full hook-ups. Atascadero has a nice lodge w/full hook-ups right on the freew this helpsay but not real noisey.
Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
We stayed at a lodge in Santa Barbara for a few days. It was very nice, with designated camping spots. Water, electricity, and a dump behind the lodge. Very nice lodge, with dinner served on Friday and I think Saturday evenings.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
We are members of the Ocean Shores, WA lodge. Flat grass area with ele/water hookups and dump on site. So far we have stayed at Fremont, Santa Cruz, Sacramento,CA; Hoquium, Burien and Ocean shores, WA. All were wonderful experiences.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote