Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2006, 04:05 AM   #1
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Remote Control Montana

I just finished installing the new MAXIS unit from Westhaver Associates and it works great. Pull up to your unit in the dark push a button and the scare lights come on. Next push a button and the inside lights come on. If you want to set the mood once inside push a button and the lights go out and the inside neon accent lighting comes on. To further enhance things push a button and the fireplace comes on. Ozz and Brad if that don’t work just forget it. With this same key chain remote I can open and close the slides from out side the unit. I can raise and lower the landing gear when hooking up. While traveling down the road push a button, the generator starts and by the time you stop the unit is nice and cool inside. This is just phase one of my project.

1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Whose Your Daddy?!!!!!!!
I'm so impressed, I'm severely dented............
You are the King, long live the king!!!!!
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:19 AM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Mudchief, that is really, really cool. Nice work.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:53 AM   #4
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
What happens when you drive and the keychain remote is accidentally activated??? Be interesting to see the king's castle slide open at 65 MPH.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:05 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889

Sounds like a very nice feature to have, especially at night. I am curious to hear more about these neon lights you talked about....
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:29 AM   #6
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Steve, I added 2 switches that turns off the slides and landing gear. Therefore they will not operate from the remote control or the manual switches in the unit. Also the software is programmed to revert back to the scare lights after a short period. With that the only thing that would happen would be the lights would come on. I have made a few phone calls to Wes while he was working on the softeware to insure this thing is as safe as you can make it.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #7
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Any more inprovements and you can send your Monty off on vacation by itself. Just add video recorder so you can enjoy the trip too.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #8
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Montana Sky, it is a very tiny neon light cord. Kids use it to outline the seats, dash etc in the cars. It comes in different colors and is much smaller than the rope lighting. I did some of the things you talked about with the rope lighting however you can do more things with it because it is so tiny. You need to come to the Branson rally and check things out. I hope to have phase 2 done by then.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 12-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Illapha, that is a good point just add a web cam and watch things from home. However I would miss the enjoyment of towing. Web cam !!! Add a few of those on the unit might not be a bad thing. Then you could see who is knocking on the door.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 12-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #10
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Sounds too cool Dennis,

What are the chances of seeing some pictures?

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:31 AM   #11
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Dennis, I just got off the phone with Wes SOUND'S LIKE A GREAT GUY, and I just tried to call you on your cell, Guess what Momma wants to get me for Christmas>>>>>>>>> Wes gives me the indication that with the right programing you could launch missles..... What a Christmas Present. However I might need to bug you a little about pulling wire and such. Between you and OZZ a person can't really afford to read to many MOC threads.... ha ha ha Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #12
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ok Ozz this was what I told you to put back a few dollars for. Now you can order one. I had to wire mine up in 15 degree weather out in a unheated barn. It should be a lot easier in the nice warm weather you are in. You will really like it. I am trying to figure out how to modify the door lock so I can use the remote to unlock it also. Remote control steps has passed through my mine also. I just love this high tech stuff.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 12-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #13
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Ok so how do I order one and where do I order it?

Any online manuals to look at to bone up on the system. As previously mentioned pics would be neat.

Thanks
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:06 PM   #14
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
John, I will be glad to help you. This is a great product and is reasonably priced. Wes is indeed a great person to work with. I have been talking with Wes a lot while he has been developing this product bouncing ideas off each other. It will make a very good Christmas gift that both of you will be happy with. Controlling the lights I think is great. If you are laying in bed and hear a racket outside just push the button and the scare lights come on. Sorry I missed your call I will call you.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 12-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #15
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
RMccord, go to www.westhaverassociates.com. It is not that hard to install. I may be going to the extreme but there are a lot of good features that most people would use. Like the lights and the slides. When you go to their web site is shows the wiring.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 12-13-2006, 01:29 PM   #16
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dennis, I will let you be the 'Big Dog on the block' on this one, I will admire yours, and you,. for all your hard work and time spent in consultation with Wes.
I am working on a built in heater amid ship, we will see how that goes.
So many projects, so little time..............
I bought Sue a killer bike today, we peddled all over the island we are on. Maybe the Ozzman will let some 'new blood' inspire and motivate us. I feel the need for some 'coasting'.
Hang in there.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #17
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, I will never even come close to you. I still have a list of Ozz mods to do to mine. Glad you and Sue are having a good time. I'm still trying to get my wife to think about retirement. I made a mistake by driving her to school during the last snow storm. If she had driven maybe she would have said enough of this let's hit the road and go South.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 12-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #18
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Montana Sky, for the accent lighting go to www.neontrim.com and you can see what I am talking about.
1200 watts of Solar
Old 12-14-2006, 06:31 AM   #19
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mudchief

I just finished installing the new MAXIS unit from Westhaver Associates and it works great. Pull up to your unit in the dark push a button and the scare lights come on. Next push a button and the inside lights come on. If you want to set the mood once inside push a button and the lights go out and the inside neon accent lighting comes on. To further enhance things push a button and the fireplace comes on. Ozz and Brad if that don’t work just forget it. With this same key chain remote I can open and close the slides from out side the unit. I can raise and lower the landing gear when hooking up. While traveling down the road push a button, the generator starts and by the time you stop the unit is nice and cool inside. This is just phase one of my project.
My wife has one of these that does above and more, its called moi.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:09 AM   #20
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
OK - I talked to Wes and ordered my CHRISTMAS PRESENT TODAY. ""FURTHER"" I went to my banker and talked to him about a MAJOR loan AND discussed with the banker about OZZ, MUDCHIEF and others. He agreed, I need to put up the FARM to cover all the modifications. He thought he could arrange a corner near the bank, so I could sell pencils for Diesel fuel. Just to let everyone know, The banker picked up my MULE and my last Goat about a month ago!!!!!!! Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote