Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Water, Water, Everywhere...From A/C

Has anyone out there come up with a hose, or other fix, to run the water from the A/C drain eve on the roof, away from Monty. We live FT in our Monty in FL for about 8 months and @ times the A/C runs a good share of the time. We are typically parked on a concrete slab. So, I would like to move the water away from Monty off the slab, where it can soak into the soil, and keep it from getting everything wet on the slab. I currently use a bucket, but I wanted to put this out to see if anyone has come up with a simple fix, such as a plastic hose or other engineered device (other than the bucket?) Some obvious questions are how would you fasten a hose to Monty at the little roof eve? Down the side of Monty? Maybe, I should have asked OZZ first to see if he has it on his list, or has even thought about it? What do you think OZZ?

Jim

jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Man, you are putting pressure on ole Ozz now.
Wellll, maybe a catch system running down the side of your 5er, then 90 out, use white bilge pump hose you can get at Lowe's, it's a flex hose. Maybe the slab pc. could be PVC.
Good luck.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Hi Jim,
That is a tough request...your talking about condensate from the AC unit that is mounted on a Monty with a curved roof. If Ozz had a fix it would put him in a place he has shown he desires...but I go to Church and he will never replace that position!
Ok, so at best you need to understand where the condensate is coming from, I have checked my unit and was suprised to find there is no weep hole so the base flange just fills and spills at whatever random pitch your unit is sitting at...should you consider creating a weep hole it might not be good the next location your parked, as the pitch might cause it to drip at another corner!
Sorry, answer is climb on unit and look at liquid trail, consider if releveling will redirect drip to down side of you concrete pad.
Chuck
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Just hook the hose with a notch at the scupper on the drain where it drips off now.. Sue uses the 3-M Command sticky stuff that comes off, you can use Velcro to attach it to the side of the Monte, it will come off when needed.
Noneck, I think he wants something for the 8 month's he is at one place, so it might work there. Moving around would be tricky.
Oz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Camping World has for sale what might be called "gutter extenders". I could envision a drain hose attachment to those extenders to move the condensate runoff to a loction more suitable.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Jim,
Not sure what AC you have - but if it's the Penguin (low profile) like mine, there are weep holes on both sides about midway front to back. You won't see them if you just take the cover off, you need to take the inner cover off and you'll see a plastic catch basin with holes going out either side. They are so small I'm not sure if you could attach anthing to them to be effective. Might be easier to catch it at the gutter as discussed above.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:18 AM   #7
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Thanks guys for your input. Looks like a trip to the hardware store (Lowes) is needed to get me ready for this next project. What an awesome site this is. Thanks again.

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote