Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2006, 04:25 AM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Wireless Headphones

I have worked in Pulp and Paper mills for 36 years and my hearing is down enough so I can't watch TV at the same volume level as the rest of the family. I tried some wireless headphones a few years ago and I was not happy with them. Yesterday I picked up another set at Costco.

These work great and I can walk around anywhere in the house and the sound is crysal clear. They are supposed to work up to 33 feet away from the music source. The model is Sennheiser RS110 and they were only 88 bucks Canadian. They will travel with us in the Montana as I am a very early riser and now I will be able to watch TV and not wake up Donna.

Even as I type this , I am listening to a classic Country station that is on in the living room TV that is set on mute. Kinda neat.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:57 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Don, that is a great idea! I have hearing loss as well, (I imagine hearing loss is a common thread among us)
I'll investigate this for Sue's sake, if nothing else....
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:08 AM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Huh, what d'you say? I know what you mean, between all the years around heavy equipment, feedmills, and shooting, I'm in the same boat. Those earphones do look like a good idea, the DW would appreciate a lower volume on the tv. At least she knows now that it's a hearing thing and not an attention to her thing,.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:15 AM   #4
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Well with women, it is nice to have selective hearing sometimes, especially when the Honey-Do list is getting abused. LOL. take care.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:52 AM   #5
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Don,

Sennheiser is a very good name in headphones they are muscician quality, or they certainly make them in that quality. It's a great name in that arena and I would say you made a great choice.

My hearing loss is from music, I've attended hundreds of concerts over the years and that's what did the damage in a certain range for me. The thing that's more irritating is I have tinnitis (sp) which is a constant ringing in my left ear, usually I can just ignore it but sometimes it's maddening.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 06:14 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Mac
Headphones help with tinnitus. I have a 60% hearing loss in my left ear from ear infections. Doctor says it is nerve damage and hearing aids won't help. But I can sure hear the ringing. When I have the headphones on, it helps. Don't have the wireless ones yet but I have looked at them. I'll have the check next time we go to Costco.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
We have an Emerson headset for Joe who has tinnitus also in both ears from the engine rooms on the Coast Guard cutters he was on.

It is wonderful because I like to go to bed earlier than him and this way I can't hear the telly while trying to sleep.

Laura
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote