Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2006, 06:22 AM   #1
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Aqua-Magic® Style Lite High Profile Toilet

My original toilet started to malfunction so I replaced it with a Aqua-Magic® Style Lite High Profile Toilet. I am pleased with the "china" bowl and the higher seating arrangement but I am displeased with the toilet seat. The seat is not very stable and tends to slide around on the bowl. It would seem that the the seat should have been designed to keep it from shifting position on the bowl.

Do any of you have this style of toilet? Have you experienced this "problem"? And if so, were you able to replace the seat of stabilize the one provided by the manufacturer?

Thanks,
Craig

'01 Chevy K3500 Dually 8.1 Allison 4x4 4:10 CC
Towing a '02 Montana 3655FL 5th Wheel
Manassas, Virginia USA
http://users.erols.com/jcmccarter/index.html

DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #2
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Craig is sounds like the seat and its supporting arms are plastics. If so, see if you can replace with a standard one from a home supply story that has more stable support or even one made of chrome. I am not sure of the bowl size but if it is similar to one in a stick home, this may work.

Native Tex

O.V. & Kathy Bonner
Miss Ko-Ko (Chocolate Lab)
Huntsville, Al
'05, 3400RL
'05 F250 Ford King Ranch, CC, FX4/4x4, 6.0L PSD

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/language/www/US/AL/Huntsville.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Huntsville, Alabama Forecast" height=40 width=467[/img]

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have the SeaLand porcelain but the seat appears to be a standard home toilet seat, attachment and size. I would guess yours may be the same?

See another Montana or Mountaineer on the road? Flash lights twice, it might be one of us!
Steve Reigle (pronounced Regal)
Fulltiming since 3/21/03
'07 3400RL
'05 Ford F250 SD Lariat CC SB 6.0L PSD/TS FX4 4x4

Our RV Travels (now Firefox-compatible)

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:15 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Ours did that when I first got it, but I tightened the brackets that hold it to the bowl, I think the main reason the seat moves is that the coushens tabs are a hard rubber and let it slide around. but when I replace it with a new seat it will be from a home supply co for a residental throne.

Don, Georgia and Smokey.
AKA: Trailer Trash 2
FORD F-350 Turbo Diesel, Clydesdale, Banks Stinger, Prodigy Controler,
Pullin a Super Fine 2004 / 2980-RL

[img] http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/bigwx_cond/language/www/US/CA/Santa_Fe_Springs.gif" border=0
alt="Click for Santa Fe Springs, California Forecast" height=60 width=468[/img]

Trailer Trash 2's link
Trailer Trash 2 is offline   Reply With Quote