Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
New lube for Pullrite Superglides

Just received the latest news letter from Pullrite. Looks like a new clean dry film graphite lubricant for the sliders is available. Here is the quote from Pullrite:-

"We have received several recommendations from customers and have experimented with one in particular called SLIP Plate. It is a greaseless, ozone safe lubricant that creates a slick, nonstick surface. It dries quickly at room temperature and is easy to apply. This can also be purchased in a spray can which is what we used when testing the lubricant. We followed the directions on the can for application, applying one good solid coat to both the top and inward facing sides of the ways. The first trip out was approximately 1500 miles round trip. After inspecting the ways upon our return, they still had a nice coating of SLIP Plate with some areas looking worn. The areas that wore were still as smooth as glass to the touch. We sprayed another coating on the ways before our second trip which was approximately 3000 miles. Upon return, the ways still had a good coating on them and the lubricant worked without a flaw. After these two trips we have determined that SLIP Plate is safe to use. Please be sure to read and follow application instructions on the can before use. Since we don't know how far you can travel before reapplication is necessary, and everyone's individual situation is different, we recommend that you check the way tubes often on your trip and reapply as you see necessary. As you can imagine, this lube is much cleaner than conventional greases and virtually hassle free. More information on SLIP Plate can be found at www.slipplate.com. We will have slip plate available for retail purchase. You can order by calling our customer service department at 1-800-443-2307"

I called them today and they have just received some aerosol cans, the cost is $9.87 per can plus postage and handling. You may be able to find a distributor locally to save postage.
This product looks like it might be the answer to Superglide lubing, clean and easy to apply.
Anyone else out there have any experience with this product?
I have ordered a couple of cans for myself.

markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:55 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
markwick,
When you try this new product let us know what you think. I got the same letter the other day from Pullrite and was wondering how good this product is going to hold up. I do like the Superglide but hate the grease that has to be cleaned and applied every time you hitch up.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:45 AM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Add me to the list of people curious as to how this works!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:59 AM   #4
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
I too will be watching this post to see what others have experienced with this new lubricant. Our Monty is staying put until April so I won't have a chance to try the product until then. I love the Pullrite hitch but an easier lubricant would be great.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:19 AM   #5
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
I probably won't be getting out again until Feb or March when I hope to go to Palm Springs from Vancouver, BC. A round trip of approximately 2300 miles so should be a good test. I will post how the SLIP Plate does.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:32 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Peter
When you get to Palm Springs, email me if you'd like to get together. We are just over the mountain from there.
Happy trails................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
Hi! And Merry Christmas. Is there a place to order this stuff. I am leaving on the 21st of Jan. and would like to give it a try. Thanks Don
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 PM   #8
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
jrjones,
Pull rite is selling it directly. Check out www.Pullrite.com, call 1-800-443-2307 or email at info@pullrite.com I am sure they will be able to get you what you need.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:52 AM   #9
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
If you are going to try this product just make sure the ways are clean of all other grease before you spray it on - Pullrite recommend WD40 to clean the old white lithium grease off.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:28 PM   #10
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Just completed approximately 3000 miles with the SLIP PLATE - seems to work really well - there were some marks but felt them and they were smooth as glass. I put a light spray on 1/2 way through the trip. It is so much cleaner than grease. I will be using it in the future - well worth the $10 per can.
Sue & Ed, sorry we did not get over the hill to Emmet to see you but will be back next year.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Such great news, I have been waiting for someone to try the new Slip Plate product. Glad to hear it worked out so well for you markwick. I will be looking for a can or two this weekend. =)
Old 03-31-2006, 07:25 AM   #12
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Has anyone tried an alternate brand for slip plate? The shipping to AZ is about $6.50 a can. I can buy a dry lube made by Cat for $7.15 + tax at my local Heavy equipment place.
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:54 PM   #13
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Slip Plate is not like other dry lubes - it seems to be some sort of carbon product - you spray it on out of an aerosol and it goes on like paint. Just make sure you clean the ways really well before applying.
You can go to www.slipplate.com to get more info. Their home page tells you a lot more about the product and it's uses.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:44 AM   #14
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I started using the Sliplate lube this last weekend. Sure is different. I cleaned off the grease and lightly sanded the tubes as Pullrite suggested. It is spray graphite looks like paint but you can wipe off over spray. Took a few coats to build up the new lubrication. I can see how a daily spray on the tubes is all that will be needed. Sure is cleaner. I called Pullrite about putting it on the plate, but they said they still recommend WD40 there.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote