Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2005, 01:10 PM   #1
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Boy I feel old

Being the old "kids" we are, we are watching, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on the WB. This is the 39th anniversary of the show. We were just talking we remembered when it first came out. We were 13 and 12 respectively. Just like with "Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer" and " A Charlie Brown Christmas," we watched them as children; watched them with our children; and now have watched them with our grandchildren. What great memories we have of these programs and the Christmas' of our past.

gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:20 PM   #2
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
yeah, that's when kids really appriciated simple things like that!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 01:25 AM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
I still love these specials from my childhood, especially now that I can share them with John. In addition to being warm views of the holidays, they are fun without being crass or insulting as many modern cartoons are.

Another one that was always special to me, but that disappeared for some years before it became fashionable to play these "oldies" is "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." I always enjoyed that one!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
Montana_4944
Established Member

M.O.C. #4944
I love that show, we had a dog that looked just like the Grinch's little dog. She was a whippet. I told the kids we should put little branch antlers on her but never did. The little dog was the best...
Montana_4944 is offline   Reply With Quote