Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #21
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
For a lot of items like this we tend to check out the Camping World website first. They will generally have a pretty good listing of what's available. When we see something we want, we will shop around online before making the final decision to purchase. Camping World has a good line, but not always the best price.

DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:12 AM   #22
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lenny K

I have used a Garmin for years without problems but it didn't have lifetime map updates. So rather than purchase a map update, I decided to buy a Magellan RoadMate® RV RV5300. It is a real POS and my advice is not to buy one. It stops all the time with critical errors and this always seems to happen when you need it the most.
Thinking about buying the Rand McNally.
Well I went ahead and bought the Rand McNally. Easier to use than the Magellan and lots more info. Hopefully it will work flawlessly on way back home in April.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:47 AM   #23
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Anyone use Google Maps on a smart phone or tablet? I am thing of using G-Maps this year with the truck Nav system. Maps are updated, gives RV park locations as well as all other POIs...and it's free. I have been using Microsoft Streets & Trips since 2007 to plan trips and then used several Garmin GPS before getting the 2011 F350 with Nav system. I always try to fly the route with Google Earth before driving the route to see if there are any issues and have only had one problem in 7 years (no access to large parking lot for lunch due to a curb that I couldn't see on Google Earth we planning trip. Luckily the fast food outlet had a double wide drive through that I was able to use to get back to the street.).
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:05 AM   #24
leemedic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13354
I have Garmin's new RV GPS and LOVE it!!
leemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:48 AM   #25
DonPd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4328
I have a Garmin 2797LM and like it. I also plan my trip with BaseCamp free from Garmin and Good Sam club to find campgrounds. I also use this mount http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-112...ords=gps+mount It does a good job.
DonPd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 01:34 PM   #26
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We use "POI Factory" which has downloadable files for all kinds of 'Points of Interest' including Camps and RV Parks. We used it on this trip down to the Rio Grande Valley and found all of the parks we used in the database which we downloaded into our Garmin. Garmin supplies the "POI Downloader" software. It is easy to use. Just connect the Garmin to your computer and select the POI files you want to add.

Google all this for better instructions.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #27
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I too have the Allstays app and think it is the best app I have.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote