Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2015, 11:47 PM   #21
hybridhauler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13723
Hi Folks,
Here is the latest update on the front landing gear issue.
I spoke with the Service Tech Monday and he verified that the comms issue was corrected by replacing the module and keypad.

He noted that he was still having a problem with the front jacks raising and lowering when the slide switch was triggered inside the coach. He has been in contact with Keystone and Lippert and they suggested that the distributing block on the hydraulic assembly be replaced as it sounded like this was bad. This was installed and it was not the problem.

I asked if he had checked the solenoid valve (as I suggested to the Service Manager) and he said he had not checked it yet. He removed and cleaned the solenoid valve and this corrected the problem. He also stated that the solenoid was opened manually when it should have been closed.

The part that upsets me is that when I dropped off the Montana, I went over everything that Lippert suggested done so the front jacks could be operated from the slide switch on the inside of the coach.(the service manager was shown what valve was manually opened and I explained why)
Apparently the Service Manager never passed this along the Techs.
Inspecting the solenoid valve was suggested on two occasions when I spoke to the Service Manager and the Tech said it was never mentioned.

I spoke with the Service manager today to see how much the repairs were going to be and during the talk I reminded him that it wasn't right for me to pay for parts replaced that was unnecessary. He agreed and said I would not be charged for the distribution block.

I also asked him about an issue we were having obtaining a replacement front door strut kit that he was going to install. The kit was never installed because he said Keystone sent the wrong one again (this has drug out since the unit was purchased and this is the third (wrong) kit sent from Keystone) He got defensive at this point and blamed it on Keystone.

Im scheduled to pick the unit up on Friday, Hopefully things go well.

hybridhauler is offline   Reply With Quote