Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Another Montana Supporter

This is a follow-up to my post from Mission, Texas. We took our RV to the Montana Repair Factory in Goshen. I can't say enough about the treatment we received there. Both axles were replaced and four new tires and rims installed. The service people also replaced our stove-oven as we were having some problems with it. They also did a number of other jobs that they found without having to be asked. The people operating this facility were great and its no wonder that Montana is such a success. I, for one will be looking at another when its time to replace this one.

contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #2
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Contau,

That's a great story! I know a few people have had problems but I think there are more stories like yours out there than the negative things.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Another great story of Keystone stepping up to the plate. Hope this continues as the Montana continues to be the number 1 selling fifth wheel.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #4
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
We have had a few things wrong with our new 3400Rl, and our dealer has been fabulous. Needed a new gasket in the micro/convection, no problem, received a new unit. revamped the dresser under the tv in the bedroom twice, perfect now, had to put new electrodes in furnace, cracked insulator. Now I am completely satisfied other than I wish we had ordered the automatic awning, a bit tricky to open, hubby is 6'2" and he needs a ladder. I think our tales of success is the best advertising Keystone could ask for. I would definitely purchase another.
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:43 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dchafer

We have had a few things wrong with our new 3400Rl, and our dealer has been fabulous. Needed a new gasket in the micro/convection, no problem, received a new unit. revamped the dresser under the tv in the bedroom twice, perfect now, had to put new electrodes in furnace, cracked insulator. Now I am completely satisfied other than I wish we had ordered the automatic awning, a bit tricky to open, hubby is 6'2" and he needs a ladder. I think our tales of success is the best advertising Keystone could ask for. I would definitely purchase another.
This may be a stupid question but at 6'2 why would he need a ladder?? Lorraine is only 5' and she can open the awning without a problem.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:36 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If there are more positive things out there to post I sure wish folks would post them.keystone is taking a beating on quality issues not only on this forum but on other forums. Does not make us feel upbeat about the delivery of our 3400rl....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:26 AM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Since this started as a very positive thread, let's keep it that way. This thread should not be the place for negative remarks. We have had no problems with our unit that we didn't cause ourselves.
We love our Montana. It never went back to the dealer.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:28 AM   #8
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Diane ... this may be a dumb question as well, but Glenn's post got me to thinking and wondering if anyone showed you how to use the awning hook?

Bill and Sherran ... thanks for sharing the good stuff! The world in general and the MOC in particular can certainly use more of it!

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #9
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I'm curious on the awning/ladder question too!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good story, Contau Lake. We enjoyed meeting you folks in Mission, even though we didn't get much time to chat.

On the awning, I'm 5' 10 1/2" and I have to have a step or a ladder to reach the knob and release on one of the arms on our 3295RK unless the terrain dictates the nose be lower to the ground than usual. From everything I've heard I don't think I'd want the automatic awning despite the convenience. Maybe someday they'll improve them.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #11
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
dchafer, Ours came with a thin metal rod to release the lock on the awning tube and catch the pull strap. Im not quite six feet tall.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:47 PM   #12
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Your right Steve! When everyone gets-together at the Moc events there are so many different folks to talk to. Unfortunately, we got involved around our park and didn't get out to many Moc functions, our loss as we always had fun and really enjoyed meeting all new folks. When we were at the Service Centre, Montana technicians were repairing RV's from 2001 on up. Most of the work was done under warranty and all were extremely happy with the work done!!
contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #13
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
Steve, you make me feel better now, thanks. What problems are they having with the automatic awning. I dont think I could justify the extra cost.
OK all, it is not the release that is the problem but the ladder is needed to tighten the tensioner knob. Sorry for the confusion.
In a windy dilemna it takes a little longer to take down.
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote