Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Insurance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #1
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Wholesale Warranties

I have a problem with my converter on a 2010 Mountaineer.Took it to the dealer and service tested it and said it was bad. Dealer said the unit they use is $238.00 plus about an hour of labor. I checked out several local RV parts places and they were about the same price. Service dept. Called the Wholsale Warranty Administrator to get ok for repairs and he told me and the service dept. that he could get a converter for $123.00 and would not ok the one for $238.00. I said I wanted paperwork faxed to me about this unit and he said he could not. I then told him that he must use some cheap brand and that I wanted the same unit or one better than the unit that failed. I think he gets a kickback on useing cheap parts. I will keep up the battle told the dealer to fix it with their unit. The battle lines are drawn. I will go over his head even though he did not yet authorize the repairs and after all is done will cancel the contract. This is the the only time I have used the warranty and do not like the way I am being treated.

old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:34 AM   #2
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Sounds like what I delt with although it was a diff outfit. Hope you wear them down and get paid.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Need to look at the fine print most Extended warranties and in fact regular warranties will say they have the right to use rebuilt or used parts. It may have been a rebuilt part.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Found out Wholesale Warranties was a bundeler of RV warranties which were sold of to second parties,much like bundleing of home mortgages back in the day. I have found out that they no longer do this because of all the problems they have had with coustomer complaints. They now handle the warranties on their own. I burned up the phones for two days and got Wholesale to get the second party to at least pay the amount without haveing to buy their converter. I went for the $332.00 and I still have to pay the $100.00 deductible but I am happy that its over. I am canceling my warranty and taking the $500.00 refund and adding $30.00 a month to it and paying for any problems that may pop up myself as Rich has posted.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Wholesales warranties has always been an Agent that sold many different policies. Mine through them was "Rv shield" and it was excellent.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 08:44 AM   #6
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Had ours through Good Sam's on our old unit and the converter went out while down in Florida three years ago. Had a local RV shop replace it with the same brand unit but upgraded and it cost me the regular deductible and that was it. Your extended warrant is trying to rip you off. Good idea about canceling it but check into Good Sam's policy and see what you think. All it takes is one major large claim and that $500 plus the $30 a month is eaten up REAL FAST! No, I have no connection or affiliation with Good Sam's except being a Life Member so I don't get any kickbacks for saying this.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote