Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
JimRsr

M.O.C. #21080
3811 MS - Dometic 320

Looking for advise from anyone that has upgraded the bowl to the Dometic 320 in the 3811 MS Floor plan.
Bowl in mounted in a corner with a sliding door separating the dressing area that the toilet lid now contact when raised. With the old plastic lid it is no big deal. Just wondering if the Dometic 320 wood lid became a problem after the upgrade.

Full Timing and making it a home, thanks for any information!

JimRsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
If you are worried about the lid contacting the door, get one of those flat round discs that you can attach to a wall to protect it from a door knob making contact.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002O...IXL&ref=plSrch
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #3
Bigrig
Established Member

M.O.C. #21926
Just picked up our rig last month and immediately changed the entry level toilet and replaced it with a Dometic 320. Did not try to clock the toilet a little counter clock wise, installed it right where the Thetford was.
Door slides and does contact the porcelain bowl corner slightly, wood toilet seat while still new, does stay up when open. When it wears down, becomes loose and well not hold position, I will replace it with a slow closing lid.
You may of all ready done your install, as its has been a month or so but I thought this would help someone.
Ultimate toilet, Thetford Aria Classic, I thought it was more better than any toilet including stick house toilets, just wont fit in this 3811 without a major plumbing modification.
Bigrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:04 AM   #4
JimRsr

M.O.C. #21080
Thanks for the update Bigrig. That was my concern that it is just very close and may rub. I have not updated the Thetford yet so now I know what to be prepared for.
JimRsr is offline   Reply With Quote