Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Vent Covers

What cover's are the best for the Fan's in the kitchen and bath room? They are The one's i push a button and it open's and fan turn's on with different speeds and with rain sensor built in by Dometic and want to make sure vent opens all the way with out binding up against the cover. Have a seasonal spot now and want to leave vents open when not there to let the heat out during the week until i go back on weekends to turn AC back on. Chuck.

Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
You can go on line or CW and order brand specif covers or off brand to full open on your fans! It all about money.
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
They should be MaxxAir II vents. Double check to make sure they haven't changed them. You can get them on Amazon or anywhere else that you find a good price online. Etrailer.com has them for $41.41 each. My on order 3791RD will have them installed by the dealer as part of the deal. I have done it myself before and they are easy to install.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #4
CarWin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21110
It is the MaxxAirII vent covers. The covers will NOT allow full opening of the vent, but it doesn't hinder the operation in any way, shape or form. It will allow the cover to open until it hits the vent cover then stops, without damage to the vent itself or the fan. Still moves almost the same amount of air as not having them! Good investment in my opinion!!
CarWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We also use the Max airs.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:31 AM   #6
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
Yep, Max Airs. They attach with a quick mount clip system. If the fan doesn't have the clip mounts they are included with the covers. There are spots already on the fan to mount the clips - look for little plastic inserts if I remember right. These are the ones I got

https://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-00-95...air+fan+covers

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:04 AM   #7
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWin View Post
It is the MaxxAirII vent covers. The covers will NOT allow full opening of the vent, but it doesn't hinder the operation in any way, shape or form. It will allow the cover to open until it hits the vent cover then stops, without damage to the vent itself or the fan. Still moves almost the same amount of air as not having them! Good investment in my opinion!!
X infinity

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #8
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarWin View Post
Completely agree. I called MaxxFan about our fans and covers and they stated the vent opening motors are designed to time out after a couple of seconds of hitting resistance and that by doing so doesn't hurt the motors one bit. I use the Maxxair brand on mine as well. Love them
Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #9
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
Completely agree. I called MaxxFan about our fans and covers and they stated the vent opening motors are designed to time out after a couple of seconds of hitting resistance and that by doing so doesn't hurt the motors one bit. I use the Maxxair brand on mine as well. Love them

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:24 AM   #10
Big Piner
Established Member

M.O.C. #20970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
I also called MaxxFan when I was installing my vent covers and received the same information as Golfmedik. The vents with the covers work great, I leave them open when traveling and in storage with no problems. The MaxxFan vent cover is a different Maxx cover compared to the bathroom vent and bedroom vent covers on my 318RE. It took longer to get the tools together than it did to perform the install on all three vents, very easy mod.
MOC# 20970
Big Piner is offline   Reply With Quote