Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
Low water flow at kitchen faucet

We have an issue with water flow at the kitchen faucet when on city water hookup. This occurs ONLY when on city water. When using the pump the flow is fine. Because of this we have ruled out the faucet (I believe a Moen with built in sprayer) as being an issue. I also have checked the screen on the faucet and it is clean. This is an issue only at the kitchen faucet - the toilet, shower and lav all work fine. I have checked the lines and connections below the sinks and they look to be OK. The flow at times will start fine and then rapidly slow down but usually the flow starts slow.

Anyone have any ideas of what else to check. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean

DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Dean, if you take the hose lose from the sprayer there is a flow restrictor inside that connection. It looks like a tiny top hat. Just take a 1/4 inch drill and drill it out and reinstall it. There is also another restrictor at the other end of the hose where it attaches to the supply pipe of the faucet assembly. This one you can just remove and toss out. The shower hose also has one inside the fitting that attaches to the shower wand, this one you can also throw away. The bathroom sink will have one above the screen which looks like a washer with a tiny hole in it. This too can be disposed of. I hope this works, it did for me and several others... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dean, I have no idea other than it must be somewhere in whichever part of the system is unique to the kitchen faucet and city water. The faucet you already eliminated. You can eliminate the water lines used by both the city water and the water pump. That leaves only those lines between city water connection and the kitchen faucet that are not also used by the water pump, if that makes any sense.

I wonder what happens if you blow air through the line from the faucet end, after disconnecting from the faucet? Maybe open the low point drains to give the water and air a path to travel. I'm not sure how one would apply air pressure at the faucet end of the water line. It kind of sounds like there is some restriction in the line itself or at one of the connections that are used only on the line from city water connection to kitchen faucet but nowhere else.

Also, do you have the same water pressure problem at that faucet on both the hot and cold sides?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote