Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2019, 03:32 PM   #21
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
Dead outlets.

Here is what I found as I pulled the plug out of the back wall on a brand new Monty.
Randy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A93FFB02-AD42-4800-8E2C-6D8B52F7CF2D.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	3791  

Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #22
William J Stocker Sr

M.O.C. #23089
I had a similar issue in my 2018 385BR. I lost power to multiple receptacles and the ceiling fan. I pulled the switch out for the the ceiling fan and found that the wires were not fully inserted into the "V" groove on the back of the receptacle. They use a speed wiring system that does not require the wire to be stripped. The jacket is cut back and the wires are pushed into the slots where the groove cuts through the insulation and makes contact with the copper wire. Since most of the 120VAC is daisy-chained, you might have to pull multiple outlets and switches to find the offender that is dropping power to everything downstream.
William J Stocker Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 03:44 PM   #23
imacampah

M.O.C. #28913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
Check the clear, inline connector under the stove that is made to disconnect when/if the slide has to be taken out. Lots of times they will burn up and cause a disruption in power. There are also a few behind the basement wall.
I'm currently experiencing this (all NON GFCI outlets are not working) with my 2020 377FLB Montana. My water line for my ice maker broke and was leaking water right on these connections. Are these the ones you are referencing above?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210603_190821.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	9330  
imacampah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:22 AM   #24
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Quote:
Originally Posted by imacampah View Post
I'm currently experiencing this (all NON GFCI outlets are not working) with my 2020 377FLB Montana. My water line for my ice maker broke and was leaking water right on these connections. Are these the ones you are referencing above?
Yes that is the ones I was referring to.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:37 AM   #25
Nicko

M.O.C. #28967
Fridge, ceiling fan and tv receptacle not working

Ensuring the shore power plug is in securely fixed my 3971RD
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:44 AM   #26
Nitro882dc

M.O.C. #29169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy E View Post
We had a similar problem on our 3791RD.We Lost power to the fridge. Water heater. Ceiling fan. A few outlets. After a full year of issues. We accidentally found it. Go outside and wiggle the shore power plug where it goes into the coach. Have someone watch the fridge lights. We had a loose plug and loose wires inside the plug. Easy fix. Cut all power off. Battery too! Pulled the plug socket out of the trailer with 4 screws. Found loose wires from the factory in the plug. Tighten the wires up. We haven’t had an issue since.

I hope this helps.
Randy.
we had the same issue. Turns out the line wire feeding the GDI outlet was loose in the junction box located behind our fuse box
Nitro882dc is offline   Reply With Quote