Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #41
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
We would never let someone take the Montana and truck together. That being said it's not a good move to let your home be used as a motel. We did it twice and I am still regretting it. The first time we set it up at a campground for our niece and her new husband. At the end of the week the rear day/night shade was so buggered that even when it was straightened out it was never the same. The 2nd and last time was for my sister-in-law and husband. They brought their 2 big dogs with them for 2 weeks. I will never get that dog smell out and it has been almost 2 years!! I can smell it especially on humid days and it makes my heart sink. It is not the same as letting someone stay in a cottage or vacation home. While the Montanas are well built, we baby our "Casa" because we want it to last a long time. It is a 2006 and is still in relatively good condition (not counting the dumb graphics). My advice is don't do it!!

CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #42
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CasaDelSol

We would never let someone take the Montana and truck together. That being said it's not a good move to let your home be used as a motel...... I will never get that dog smell out and it has been almost 2 years!! I can smell it especially on humid days and it makes my heart sink. It is not the same as letting someone stay in a cottage or vacation home. While the Montanas are well built, we baby our "Casa" because we want it to last a long time. It is a 2006 and is still in relatively good condition (not counting the dumb graphics). My advice is don't do it!!
Thanks Joanie and Dave. This is what I am afraid of - it would be like having a rental unit. No one is going to take as good of care of it as we are. Sorry about the dog smell, that really sucks.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #43
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I have always thought no, however at our church camp I offered it to a wonderful elderly widow. She asked how much would I charge so I replied, " the same as you paid on the little unit you rented last year." I had no idea how much that would be. At the end of the seven days that she used it she presented me with a check for $1100.00. We had it all set up and stocked ready to use, even satellite tv. So yes I have "loaned" it out. The lady asked if she could use it next year too, so I did say yes. This is a unique situation.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #44
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grampachet

I have always thought no, however at our church camp I offered it to a wonderful elderly widow. She asked how much would I charge so I replied, " the same as you paid on the little unit you rented last year." I had no idea how much that would be. At the end of the seven days that she used it she presented me with a check for $1100.00. We had it all set up and stocked ready to use, even satellite tv. So yes I have "loaned" it out. The lady asked if she could use it next year too, so I did say yes. This is a unique situation.
Pastor Chet - $183.00 a night for an elderly widow!!!???

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #45
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It's now possibly I could be convinced to change my stand.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
As i said, it was totally up to her, absolutely not my idea. She would have paid a local rv rental the same amount for a smaller unit that was not furnished. Ours came with mints on pillows, fresh homemade bannabread, towels, bedding, etc. all she needed was her own clothing plus food after the first day. Expensive? Yes but way way better than she had last year.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #47
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
No! Never! No no!!
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #48
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I'm more than happy to let friends use my camper. I take it to where they wont to go, set it up and go back and get them. Some people can't afford a camper some don't have a place to park one and I was brought up to share what I have and see no reason to change. In fact I will lone almost any thing I own including my machine shop.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 AM   #49
Glenn the fifth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7117
I might loan mine to Oz, but that's about it...

(might end up with some neat mods that way)
Glenn the fifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #50
Flymutt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12223
5er, mmmmm possibly. But truck...no way jose! Therefore, most likely, NO for both
Flymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #51
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
NoSir.. not me.. I'll let them use it as a place to stay when in the area or visiting me.. but loan it out.... naaaaaa Guess I'm just a grumpy old man..
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #52
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I had an old timer tell me that letting someone use his little old trailer was like letting someone use his toothbrush. That was food for thought i havent forgotten, even if I didnt follow his advice.