Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
noggs
Established Member

M.O.C. #10043
Shoe storage

Hello folks,
I have a 2004 3650RK. I have been thinking about shoe storage for some time and as of yet, have not come up with a decent idea. I have shelves in the closet for shoes but they hide low and behind the hanging clothes and this is very inconvenient. Since I fulltime and still work, I have way too many shoes and no place to put them. want them to be easy access but out of the way. Your thoughts suggestions are all welcome and appreciated.
Craig

noggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
jwedell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6436
You may want to check this out, They hang all around the side of the bed. You just lift up the bed to see all the shoes. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-pockets/24506
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:08 AM   #3
footloose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9442
If you can give up some space in your closet (hanging clothes), you could put a hanging shoe bag in. That's what we do. We have a 10 pocket canvas hanging shoe bag and put a pair of shoes in each pocket. They come double wide, also hang over the door, etc. If you put "hanging shoe bag" in a search on Google you will come up with several sizes and styles. We also have a hanging canvas sweater organizer to hold t-shirts, shorts, jeans, swimsuits, etc. But, we're not working and have a limited wardrobe (by design) so may not need as much space as you do for hanging clothes. Let us know what you decide to do. It's always fun to get new ideas.
Sharon
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Here is a thread with a couple of pages of ideas I saved and thought they were unique.
Shoe Storage
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jwedell

You may want to check this out, They hang all around the side of the bed. You just lift up the bed to see all the shoes. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-pockets/24506
We use two of these, one at the foot for wife's shoes and one on the LR side of the bed for mine. Bedspread hangs over the tops and shoes aren't visible from LR.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
In a previous 5er Bob drilled holes in the base of the bed and wove bungy cord through leaving a little bit of slack in between to slip shoes into. He did this on both sides of the bed and the bedspread covered them up nicely.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:08 AM   #7
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by noggs

Hello folks,
I have a 2004 3650RK. I have been thinking about shoe storage for some time and as of yet, have not come up with a decent idea. I have shelves in the closet for shoes but they hide low and behind the hanging clothes and this is very inconvenient. Since I fulltime and still work, I have way too many shoes and no place to put them. want them to be easy access but out of the way. Your thoughts suggestions are all welcome and appreciated.
Craig
We are in a similar situation, we have a 3400 rl. Hubby still works and we fulltime. He works construction and has several pair of workboots. I keep a laundry basket in our bedroom closet for laundry and he uses the "laundry hatch" for boots. He can fit three pair in there. Works out well as they are usually dirty, muddy, but the vacume hose fits "down the hatch" nicely. Not sure if you have the same.
Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 04:48 AM   #8
noggs
Established Member

M.O.C. #10043
Thanks to all for the great ideas, and suggestions. I do like the idea of the canvas shoe bad that hangs from the bed. I also like the way the other thread had users who made use of the space under the steps.

Roamingusa: I did not think of the laundry hatch. Mine is sagging so was thinking of repairing it so as to remove the hatch and just finish the floor. I may have to rethink that. I am in the trades as well and wear many hats, from sales (dress shoes), to Engineer (casual shoes), to installer/grunt (work boots). I have way too many pair for a camper!!
Thanks again everyone and happy trails.
Craig
noggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Noggs, my wife and I also have a 3650RK and we fulltime as I bounce for construction.We took out the wire basket and put a plastic tub on the floor of the basement for laundry.She keeps the detergant in the wire one.As for our shoe situation,I bought a larger plastic tote and keep our extra shoes in it with the lid on.It stays outside under the 5er between the front axle and the steps for easy acess.My muddy work boots and work clothes have thier own tote in the back of the truck.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote