Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Home at Last

Well we made it home Wed. Not unloading the rig completely as we will be back on the road again this month. The rain and cold that has dogged us since we left Key West is still dogging us as sailer stated in his post. I think we have a cloud following us. I called a friend here in Land O Lakes two weeks ago while we were still in Boston and he said it was 90 and dry. I told him that we would drag the rain back with us and we did. I just hope it goes away before the weekend. It is good to be home but we are really getting sick of the rain... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:24 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hmmm, let me think about this, Dave.... a deep sea diver who doesn't like the water. Or maybe it's just you prefer you hitting the water instead of the water hitting you? Now that I think about it, that makes more sense.

Glad to hear you made it home safely despite the weather.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Steve, you got it, I don't mind hitting the water but hate it hitting me. We have only had a few days in the 80s since leaving KW, most of the time it has been in the 60s or 70s, mostly the 60s. Sure hope summer comes back for awhile... Dave
Old 07-02-2009, 08:13 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hey Dave, maybe you should use your diving bell. Even when you hit the water back when, you were probably pretty dry in that thing... LOL.

Welcome back home, but it's hard to tell if you are happy. But you'll be going out again real soon. Hopefully this time, no problems. You need to stop having problems on your excursions just so you can post new topics. You can always just login and bag on us any time.

Do us a favor, please come to southern California and bring that rain with you, would you please?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave and Betsy,
Glad you made it safely. Thanks for staying an extra day in Boston so you could meet wonderful me (us). See! All that John H. said is not really as bad as he made it out to be, I'm sure.

Let us know when you are back on the road again.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:00 PM   #6
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Glad you and Betsy made it home safely. Got your care package and thanks. We are planning on going to WI after Great Lakes rally. One stop for sure - Doors County area. Seek your input. Tks.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Dennis, if you plan on a trip to Door county call and make reservations, especially this time of year. It is a favorite tourist area. I haven't been there with a rig, and haven't been there in 30 years so your guess is as good as mine. You might check with sailer he may have been there lately... Dave
Old 07-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Glad you and Betsy and your furkids made it home. This summer has been weird so far. Hope the sun shines for you soon!
Judi and Drew Nye
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Dennis, I just checked the Passport America site and it looks like there are about 5 PA parks in Door county..Dave
Old 07-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Dave, glad you and Betsy and the kids made it home safe and sound. We're dragging the rain and cool temps with us, too, and like you would love to see some "summer" this summer!

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Glad you are home safe. I second the reservations you told Dennis and Judy to make. Door County is a hard one to get into but well worth the trip. Did you tell them that the best fish boil is at Bailey's Harbor?

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #12
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
Fear not Rumor has it Summer will be on a weekend this year.
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote