Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
No HELP for the Beetes :(

Well, the pest control company came out and said they cannot do the job for the powderpost beetles. They said the wood is all sealed so there poison cannot penetrate through the wood. So I called another company that was able to come right out. Well same thing, said that they were probably in the cabinet when purchased(like the previous one said) Suggested to have all the cabinets removed and replaced. So I just got done calling the 3rd one (we only have 3 listings for pest control) they said they cannot treat it b/c it is not like a house and they have nothing that will treat it. Gosh we are just sick! We may have caught them b/f they spread but no one can tell for sure. I have called my dealer and he said he would call Keystone but he isnt for sure they will do anything. So now what?

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
GULP

Just a reminder, that the doors are solid wood, but the cabinet bases, etc. are not. Can the beetles get in that composite the way the can get in the doors??? Off hand, I would think not, but, I had never heard of these nasty little pests, so, what do I know?? Obviously, not much.

Not sure, but would your RV insurance cover something like this??

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
AL, The pest controls said that they would eat only real wood, that being the cabinet doors and anything else that is wood. I called insurance and no they will not carry that ...on the same line as termites. So I am still waiting to hear from the dealer. I can only pray that they will work something out with us.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I don't know if this information will help in you getting Keystone to recognize that the wood was infested before it became your cabinets or not but you might want to take a look at this website.
http://www.uky.edu/Ag/Entomology/ent...ruct/ef616.htm
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:19 PM   #5
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Thanks Kathi, this is the site that I told Keystone about. I have wrote a letter and will be mailng it out in the morning. I dont know if it will do any good but I want them to know what we are dealing with.