Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2019, 07:48 PM   #21
miton 5052
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21569
We replaced our wonderful 4" king mattress still in it's original plastic bag, with a 12" memory foam from Amazon, and have never had a better nights sleep.it hangs 4" at the foot,and 3" on the sides, no carpentry required

miton 5052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:09 PM   #22
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
We have two Golden Retrievers that are allowed up on the bed in the morning when we are waking up, and it gets real cozy with the two of us and two Golden's on our king size sleep number bed. Not to mention those two wheels that role under the bed when the slide comes in , were all bent and I made our dealer fix them to something more beefy, because the 4 of us weigh in around 480 pounds! plus the weight of the bed and the things we stored in that storage compartment below the bed!
Old 01-28-2019, 07:39 AM   #23
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Mine is like yours but I haven't seen it cause any problem for the mattress. Many have changed the mattress for the queen. If you are not full-timing this might be the best solution as it will fit much better and give you much more room in the B.R. to walk around.
What does full timing have to do with mattress size? We have been full timers 8 + years and used queen size in 3 different Montanas with no problems doing so. Are the mattress police looking for us?!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 09:09 AM   #24
Gmjordan1

M.O.C. #22607
Have the exact same problem w/ 2019 3731 fl. I was wondering if you extended it would it hit when slides are in
Gmjordan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:02 PM   #25
jpwhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23248
I checked the king bed in my 3120 the other day. The plywood base comes all the way to the end (foot) of the mattress. The corners are cut at 45 degrees, but otherwise the base extends the full width of the mattress side to side. The whole sheet lifts up to access under bed storage. I found that the plywood base at the head of the bed is narrower. It leaves a gap under the shelves. There is a piano hinge connecting the narrow board to the outer slide wall. Another storage compartment? I didn't want to pull the mattress off far enough to try and open it.
jpwhite is offline   Reply With Quote