Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2019, 11:58 AM   #1
troseandpaco

M.O.C. #24688
2010 Montana fifth wheel - STEPS

Need to replace our steps as they got crushed. Can anyone tell me how to measure for a new set and what is the best kind to replace them with. Also where do I get them from?
Hope someone can give me some advice.

troseandpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:39 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
If you are replacing steps, go with the Torklift Glowstep. Much better than any of the flexi-flyers from Lippert. These steps reach all the way to the ground, are adjustable in height for different terrains, and don't extend too far to interfere with your neigbor in the storage lot.

https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We prefer the aluminum steps from Lippert. Our 2010 needed the three step set and our 2017 needed a four step model.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:15 PM   #4
Roadtravelers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19116
MOR Ryde steps is what we have Love them
Roadtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #5
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
Quote:
Originally Posted by troseandpaco View Post
Need to replace our steps as they got crushed. Can anyone tell me how to measure for a new set and what is the best kind to replace them with. Also where do I get them from?
Hope someone can give me some advice.
If you have the "suicide step" and your steps are behind the rear wheel you have few options. I had the fold out steps and they hung down too low and I bent and damaged them several times. I wanted the glow steps but they would have been as low as the original steps and I would have bent them just like the originals. I went with the LCI in the doorway steps. Work great and I don't have to worry about scraping them off in steep driveways.

If you would put your model in your sig it will help in future questions.
prndl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #6
lashcraft
Established Member

M.O.C. #22196
I ripped the aft stairs from my 2019 3820FK on the maiden voyage over Xmas last year. I spent the day after Xmas beating and pop-riveting them back into shape to finish the trip. When I got back to MI I promptly ordered, what I thought was the right step of the 30" wide door (check the label in the door jam for size). Got the MorRyde but picked the one without the strut assist. Then ordered another set with strut assist, and got shipped stairs for a 26" door. I finally went straight to MorRyde and got the right set.

Word to the wise, if you have to return stuff like this, the shipping is almost as much as the ladder itself, so they are taking up room in the garage. So if anyone reads this and knows someone in the market for a nice set of MorRyde steps, reply here and see how we can help each other.
lashcraft is offline   Reply With Quote