Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #1
Sdexte
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24981
Alignment

Hi group, I am looking for a good quick tire alignment shop for my Montana. I am going to be in the Cocoa Beach FL area starting Dec 3 for two weeks then St Augustine FL for about a month. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sdexte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:53 AM   #2
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
dont know about quick.... mine took all day at about 500$. I found the shop I went to by going through MorRyde
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:19 PM   #3
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
If you are going to do alignment you need to have the Lippert Correct Track installed. It is easy to self install and align as well

https://store.lci1.com/correct-track...sion-alignment
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:49 PM   #4
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Interesting article about Axle alignment
https://www.centrevilletrailer.com/h...ler-tire-wear/
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:59 PM   #5
b.o.plenty
Established Member

M.O.C. #17854
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
If you are going to do alignment you need to have the Lippert Correct Track installed. It is easy to self install and align as well

Not true, Correct Track has been discontinued and is of little value. Here's why: Correct Track only allowed a correction of one of the three factors for aligning wheels on an RV. Better than nothing but not a real alignment. it only allows adjustments for tracking, how square the axles are with the frame and each other. It does nothing to adjust toe (whether the wheels point toward or away from each other) or camber (are the bottoms of the wheels tilted in or out). These adjustments can easily be done at a big truck suspension shop. When I had my last one done they said the don't even waste their time using a Correct Track.
b.o.plenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
Not familiar with the area there but I'd start calling RV service centers to see who they use.

Enjoy the weather.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:16 AM   #7
BiigDaddy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18932
My dealer was of no use. They couldn't recommend anyone, and said they just put new axles on to correct the problem...ugh. I called around to local truck/trailer repair shops, RV repair shops, and local frame shops. Semi truck shops wouldn't touch it. I finally found one who would do the work. It was a local frame shop (Clyde's Wheel and Frame, Pontiac MI.) who welcomed my project. They cut off all the factory suspension, clean to the frame. We decided on a very heavy duty, dump trailer style, slipper spring set up. So far we've criss-crossed the country and no more alignment or weak/broken spring issues! Worth the money.
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #8
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
Alignment

We just took our 2017, 3791RD to a local semi trailer repair shop. They laser align the axles to within a few thousands of an inch. On my trailer the axles were tracking 7/8" to the right side. The rear axle was the bad one, and I've never hit a curb. The dealer called and asked what we wanted to do. The only way to fix it was to remove the axle, and put it in a press and dial it back in. It was too crooked from the factory, to try to bend it into shape while under the trailer. I ask how much it would cost, and how long would it take. The cost was $480 for both axles, 1 being removed and fixed., the other being checked and adjusted slightly. It would take 5 hours to do the repair. They called me in 4 hours and it was done. I'd highly recommend them. It was Commercial Truck and Trailer, Girard Ohio. That's in eastern Ohio, right along I-80. in the Youngstown area. They are a long time family business that has that old school mechanic vibe that can fix anything. They have over 10 bays to work on trailers. That's all they do, Fix wrecked trailers.
2016 Chevy DD 4x4
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #9
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

I don't think you are 100% right about the alignment requirements. My 2005 Montana did not have "Correct Track" and the axles were properly aligned by the same shop that did our 2015 that did have "Correct Track."
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 12:34 PM   #10
ingalmi
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21665
I live in St Augustine and have used and recommend this guy to do your alignment. His name is John and phone #(386) 937-9296. He does laser alignment and will come to you and your campsite. Price is right and he does an excellent job.

Mike & Anita
2017 3921FB, MoRyde LRE4100, Xfactor, Pin Box, Titan Disc Brakes
2016 RAM 3500 DRW, Cummins
ingalmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #11
Dave H.

M.O.C. #25311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdexte View Post
Hi group, I am looking for a good quick tire alignment shop for my Montana. I am going to be in the Cocoa Beach FL area starting Dec 3 for two weeks then St Augustine FL for about a month. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, Josam in Orlando fl. is the best in the USA, we send all our car haulers there. David
Dave H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:08 AM   #12
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
biigdaddy
you might want to do your own thread and show pics on what was done to your trailer and the cost.

it sounds interesting, never heard of one doing it this way.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:08 AM   #13
MidMOTraveler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20688
You could have MORryde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
Fixes lots of issues.
2017 F450 DRW KR 4x4
MidMOTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote