Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
Fish
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22281
Sad Yet Funny Story

Coworker of mine at the refinery had been living in an 18 ft camper with his wife at the same trailer park I'm at (not sure how you do that, I didn't have enough room in the 26 footer I had years ago by myself).

He told me he had traded the 18 footer for a Montana fifth wheel, a 2006 around 32 ft. long, he wasn't sure. The dealer delivered it since he didn't have a truck to pull it. The fifth wheel turned out to be a Heartland, not a Montana.

He came up knocking on my door after dark, it was about 20 degrees outside. Asked me if I'd move his trailer since his 10 ft water hose wouldn't reach. I offered to loan him a 25 ft extra water hose I had. He said he already had a 20 footer but didn't want to buy another heat tape. He said I'd only need to move it 2 feet. I said NO, I'm not hooking up to a strange trailer in the dark when it's freezing outside, just go spend $25 and get a heat tape. His feelings are still hurt to this day about that.

A week later me and another rv'er were talking about propane prices and the newbie fifth wheel trailer guy chimed in. He says "propane costs too much, I bought 3 $12 heaters at walmart and they're keeping my trailer warm enough". He said they'd only popped the breakers twice.

I tried to explain to him that if he wasn't running his propane furnace that no heat was getting to his pipes in the belly and they would freeze. Told him twice. He just said "No the electric heaters are keeping it warm enough".

Ok pal, it's your trailer, do what you want.

Now he's crying to everyone that there's water running out from under his trailer and he can't figure out why...