Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #21
Half Fast Rusty
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18143
I found the HDMI transmitters good for sending the dish signal to the outside TV. I'm sure it can send the signal to the bedroom too. With a HDMI splitter, I suspect you could have both TVs on too.

Russ & Nancy Porterfield
Half Fast Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #22
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARK A View Post
The receiver is also 7.00 a month, for DISH probably more for Direct.

Mark
Oh! I didn't know they charged by the receiver!!

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #23
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
Oh! I didn't know they charged by the receiver!!
$7.00 is a great price. If you subscribe to Dish Outdoors (only have Dish Network on RV), I believe it's around $70 per month.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #24
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hblick48 View Post
$7.00 is a great price. If you subscribe to Dish Outdoors (only have Dish Network on RV), I believe it's around $70 per month.
The 7.00 per additional receiver is after my home receiver. So yes on a stand alone account they're going to get you. Like Death and taxes LOL

Mark
MARK A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:19 PM   #25
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Help with your TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder View Post
Sounds like Keystone sold a bill of goods with Key TV. Further adding to the buyers remorse list. Starting to wish I had given more thought to a Grand Design.
Did someone at Keystone say that you would be able to do what you are describing with your satellite TV?
Old 04-22-2019, 04:40 AM   #26
riflegunbuilder
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23386
Sure did. The dealer and a Keystone rep I spoke to on the phone several months before buying the unit both said with the key TV system that satellite signal would be available at the jacks.
riflegunbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:46 AM   #27
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder View Post
Sure did. The dealer and a Keystone rep I spoke to on the phone several months before buying the unit both said with the key TV system that satellite signal would be available at the jacks.

They may well have been telling you the truth. Satellite signal requires a receiver to be viewed on your TV. The signal that you are wanting is converted by your receiver and transmitted via HDMI.

Mark
Old 04-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #28
riflegunbuilder
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23386
Thanks Mark, I'm going to pursue the HDMI receiver and transmitter.
riflegunbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #29
Briarglenn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6613
Hopper & Joey's

I'm a dish subscriber and use the hopper w/a wireless Joey. Bought the Joey ($50) from dish. Plugs into Hopper and transmits to bedroom TV. When BIL visits, it transmits to him about 50' away. No extra wires.
Briarglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #30
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarglenn View Post
I'm a dish subscriber and use the hopper w/a wireless Joey. Bought the Joey ($50) from dish. Plugs into Hopper and transmits to bedroom TV. When BIL visits, it transmits to him about 50' away. No extra wires.

But there is the monthly charge for the Joey. The OP is simply wanting to watch the same channel on a different TV.

Mark
Old 04-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #31
Travingwood

M.O.C. #23787
Yes,if I have it to do over.
Travingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:43 AM   #32
R Berry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19916
I bought a Dish Tailgater pro and (2) wally's receivers. First thing I tried was to hook up one of the Wally's like you are suppose to be able to do using my Montana's wiring system. the receiver would never pull in the signals for the dish. so I ran a coax through a window in my front-room and hook up my wally direct, and of course that work great.

after about a month I tried to use the Monty's cable system again (because it is suppose to be able to work with a sat. dish) this time I was able to get my signal from my Tailgater pro! GREAT IT WORKS!!!! until I changed my channel and then I lost my signal completely so back through the window I go. So after about another month I decided to activate my second receiver. I was staying in southern Georgia at a family's farm. Where I have a Man-cave building. So after I get it activated I realize that the second receiver is not an independent receiver. It can only see the satellite that the MAIN receiver is on. So if the main receiver is on SAT 119 the only thing you can watch are programs on SAT 119. And I had problems getting that to work. I eventually deactivated the second receiver and now it's sets on a shelf.
So what I did for my first receiver was that I bypassed the Monty's cabling nightmare.
I traced the coax to the front room TV and screwed that cable on the RF barrel that is labeled front room and hooked my Tailgater Pro up to it. so I just use my one TV in the front room. I wish I would have investigated the "dish" products better. I don't think I would have bought the Tailgater.

But I would still have problems with the Monty's wiring nightmare what a mess!
I'm a retired BICSI Level 2 Cable Installer and I never seen this kind of sloppy work in my 30 plus year of cable installation. Some day I would like to drop the bottom of the Monty and redo the RF system.

Also I took apart the Rf face plate that is in the bed room and they used RF right angle barrels that fell apart in my hand, so I bought new right angle barrels to replace them.
Another thing is I don't think the DISH likes the RF switches that the RV uses. because the switches also carries power through them when I use the built in Amplifier.
Well that's my Nickel's worth.
R Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 06:52 AM   #33
R Berry
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19916
ALSO, with the WALLY I bought an external Hard drive to record to. Well its not independent! you have to watch what your recording. This is OK if your gone and what to record a show while your out but you can't watch one show and record another.
R Berry is offline   Reply With Quote