Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2015, 04:03 AM   #21
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Thanks Eddie, I will talk to them about the meds issue.
I have a Dr. appointment with my primary Doctor at noon today, I think I am allergic to the Meds I got at the VA, my hands/skin tingle, headaches and can't breathe well at all in bed. Sucks to get old...
Yes, it sucks getting old, but it beats the alternative. Plus, one thing about old age, it doesn't last.

Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #22
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Yes, it sucks getting old, but it beats the alternative. Plus, one thing about old age, it doesn't last.
[/quote]
LMAO! Thanks for the great belly shaker laugh.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #23
travelinsparky
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12412
Ozz had the stuffy nose couldn't breath at nigh, Started the Nasacort 4 weeks ago seems to be working. best price was at Costco. Getting old isn't what its cracked up to be, but I am not ready for the alternative. I was diagnosed with cancer, had surgery 4 years ago on the outside go to the VA because most outside Docs when you mention agent orange get that deer in the head lights look, and all is well now and looking at another Alaska trip in 2016.
travelinsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #24
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by travelinsparky

Ozz had the stuffy nose couldn't breath at nigh, Started the Nasacort 4 weeks ago seems to be working. best price was at Costco. Getting old isn't what its cracked up to be, but I am not ready for the alternative. I was diagnosed with cancer, had surgery 4 years ago on the outside go to the VA because most outside Docs when you mention agent orange get that deer in the head lights look, and all is well now and looking at another Alaska trip in 2016.
Glad you recovered from the dreaded Cancer. That night-time stuffy nose and breathing difficulty if no good at all. My outside Doc put me on Avodart, just couldn't do the first stuff, tingly hands and skin, difficulty breathing, panic attacks. Hope I get some sleep tonight. I will wait a few days for the new stuff.
I am taking the advice of many of my friends here on the Forum and getting a sleep study for the Cpap.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #25
Neil.M
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12816
C-PAP greatest thing since sliced bread! I'm like Pavlov's dogs now. Put on the mask and am immediately sleepy. Doesn't work to well with a clogged nose though. I have used all the different sprays but they didn't work very well. Now I put a little mentholatum under my nose and it keeps me open most nights. If they decide you need the C-PAP stay with it. I didn't have a problem with the machine at all but know several folks that don't use it because of problems getting used to it. Lots of bad things can happen to you if have apnea and don't use the machine. Even use it when taking a short nap.
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:43 AM   #26
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Neil, I use Vicks, have since I was a kid, my mother even sent a bottle to me when I was up the Delta rivers in 'Nam.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:37 AM   #27
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
I found minimal relief with the medication Flowmax, found that red wine (lots of it) helps alot!! It may not cure the problem much but I sure dont care as much!!! HA HA!!
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 AM   #28
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dmcgrew

I found minimal relief with the medication Flowmax, found that red wine (lots of it) helps alot!! It may not cure the problem much but I sure dont care as much!!! HA HA!!
Where is the 'like' button ? #128522;