Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
A LETTER FROM THE ALPINE GROUP IN QUARTZSITE

All,
This morning while working on my water pump (which is essential to have out here in the desert) the Wagon Master of the Alpine Coach Group, Rod Sprague and his wife Karen came over with a letter for me. After reading it I was so moved, I felt it needed to be posted here on our forum for all to read. The contents of the letter are pasted below. I also have the original over in our rig if you would like to see that.

Jack

Rod & Karen
Quartzsite, AZ
January 17, 2012

Dear Montana Owners Group:

We look out our window each day and see the beautiful flags flying from your units. We are so moved by the lovely American and Canadian flags along with the various other flags and banners.

Our son, John, is due to deploy soon along with the members of his unit. It is likely this group of men and women will be sent to an area where there is high tension and uncertain outcomes.

John was born in Fort St. John, British Columbia and spent his earliest years in Fort St. John. We subsequently moved to be near family in Spokane, Washington. John has grown up with a deep love of his birth country and his adopted country. John enlisted in the U.S. Navy in January 1991 and has served aboard ship, submarine and on land.

Your support of the military and your pride in your respective countries is of immense value to the morale of the military serving around the world. I have taken a picture of your flags flying in the breeze to forward to our son and expect he will share the picture with other members of his team.

Thank you and best wishes for an enjoyable stay in a country kept free and safe by the military of Canada, the United States and others.

Rod and Karen
Alpine Coach Association
Rat Rally XI Hosts
Quartzsite, AZ

Old 01-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Very cool!

Is this Alpine Group for the new Keystone Alpine line of RVs?

I have not been to the Quartzsite events and am not even sure we'll ever be able to make it, but enjoy the posted pictures from past events and can certainly identify with the Sprague's sentiments that inspired the letter.

Way to go MOCers! Here's wishing y'all that attend this year have better weather, and as usual, a great time.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Beautiful letter! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thought some might like to see some pics from last year shown on my blog. My hubby took some pics from on top of our rig as well as on the ground and you can see many of the flags so proudly displayed.

http://alandnita.blogspot.com/2011/0...l#comment-form
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Very cool! You folks at Q make us proud to be members.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
OK, this rates high in the EXCELLENT department!

Way to go Montana Circle!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
kylec2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10688
In our family, we are not camping until the flag is flying from our rig!
Old 01-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Thank you for sharing that with us Jack. We are also proud of our country and our soldiers, we thank them all for serving and keeping us safe.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:49 AM   #8
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Jack,
I sent you a PM.
Mike
Old 01-18-2012, 02:58 AM   #9
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
Wow, what a wonderful letter. That is one young man I would like to meet just to shake his hand and say "Thank You" and say the same to his parents for raising
such a fine young man. I would hope that when every MOCer reading the above letter goes home tonight that he/she say's a special prayer for Seal Team 3 as they are
ready to go into harms way and while your at it include every other American serving this country too. I hope I hear a big AMEN to that.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Thank you for sharing this letter, Jack.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Art,
In answer to your question regarding the Alpine Group: No. This group is adjacent to us here at Quartzsite. See this link------ Alpine Coach Association

Sorry you indicate you don't think you'll ever make it to Q. It is really pretty close to you. I'm surprised you don't make if over for a long weekend if nothing else. Sure a lot of fun. Hope you do make it one day.

Dennis

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Very cool!

Is this Alpine Group for the new Keystone Alpine line of RVs?

I have not been to the Quartzsite events and am not even sure we'll ever be able to make it, but enjoy the posted pictures from past events and can certainly identify with the Sprague's sentiments that inspired the letter.

Way to go MOCers! Here's wishing y'all that attend this year have better weather, and as usual, a great time.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:52 AM   #12
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Thank you Jack for posting this inspiring letter. It certainly brings us back to reality with heartfelt prayers and thank yous to SEAL Team 3 and all our troops that sacrafice so much for all of us.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #13
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
They were such good neighbors last year too!

Glad to hear everyone is having a good time!

Good JOB, Jack and Dave!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Thanks for the sentiments Dennis, but January is riddled with family gatherings for NFL playoffs, birthdays and babysitting, right after most have had days off around the prior month's holidays. We are very close to Q, and this is the biggest frustration, because we are SO CLOSE!

One of these days I might even go alone for a short visit, but I shy away from it because of the family gatherings and commitments.

I'll say probably never, but that's because when I do, it'll be that much sweeter. Per your suggestion it will be without the Monty. I am certainly quite capable and comfortable sans an RV no matter the weather or temperature.

Also, thanks for the note that the Alpine group whose wagonmaster wrote the letter, is not for the Keystone trailer. Good to know.

Keep them flags waving. I hope the weather is doing well. I hear cold rain is headed my way, which then might mean you'll be seeing it some time soon. Keep them pictures coming, too.
Closed Thread