Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Gatlinburg/Pidgeon Forge Parks?

We will be taking our first long trip to a family reunion at Gatlinburg,Tennesee. Any one stay in RV parks around that area. We have the 3400RL so the National Park won't let us in They limit the RV to 32 feet.

Any suggestions on where to stop in between? We will be traveling from Austin, Texas.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Colleen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 01:37 PM   #2
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We go to Pigeon Forge several times a year. One of our favorite parks is Riverbend. The owner is a great guy and he will treat you right. Here's a link to the camp ground: http://www.riverbendcampground.com/ This park has cable and Wifi.

We also stay at another campground that is part of the Passport America program: http://www.eaglesnestcampground.com/ This one will save you a few bucks if you are a Passport member. This park has cable and a pool. the pool is old but clean.

Both campgrounds are on the river. There are other campgrounds with more resort amenities, but they will cost you considerably more.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #3
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
We like creekside rv park, on 321 just a short distance from the main drag. its also passport america and has 30/50 amp, free wifi free cable. Good ppl that owns and runs it.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:07 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tom41

We like creekside rv park, on 321 just a short distance from the main drag. its also passport america and has 30/50 amp, free wifi free cable. Good ppl that owns and runs it.
Creekside RV Park
We also liked Creekside. It's off the main drags and no noisy hiway traffic. Very clean and a hospitable staff.

The 50% discount from Passport America makes it an even greater place to stay.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Rivers Plantation is another nice park, very clean and big sites.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 03:26 AM   #6
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Thanks for the information guys. After talking to the cabin management, the cabin that my family is staying at is near Dudley Creek RV and Twin Creek RV Resort. Has anyone stayed at either of these parks, or driven through them? The management won't give me the address of the cabin for security reasons. I wanted to do a mapquest search but I don't have an address.

Glenn, is Creekside RV near Twin Creek RV resort?

Thanks guys for your help!!

Colleen
Old 02-26-2007, 05:24 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Driftwoodgal
Glenn, is Creekside RV near Twin Creek RV resort?

Thanks guys for your help!!

Colleen
As the crow flies they would be at least 10 miles apart.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
We stayed at Twin Creek RV Resort in Gatlinburg about two years ago for six weeks ... LOVED IT!!!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:57 AM   #9
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Vickir,

Thanks for the post I think this is where we are going to stay. It is about two miles from the cabin that my relatives have rented. I say it is a cabin.... it has 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms, game room, two living areas. I think we will head over to Ashville after the reunion, have you stayed in any RV parks over there?

Also, I try to read where you have traveled I can't see the pictures. Do you have any idea why I can't view them?

Colleen
Old 02-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #10
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Colleen, our favorite park is "creek wood Farms in waynesville nc. its about 1 1/2 miles off of I-40 at exit 20. its a level , nice sites with serveral creekside sites. its Passport america, has free wifi, cable, full hookups. we usually send a couple months there in june, july because its cool. only 28 miles from ashville, 7 miles from waynesville ( really nice small town) 5 miles from maggie vally. the mgr. Bob is a great guy so is the rest of staff. hope this helps .
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:04 AM   #11
2007dura
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2313
In the Asheville area, I highly reccommend Rutledge Lake. When i moved herre last year, I stayed there for 3 months. Good location, quiet, and clean. You can get around Asheville without using the interstate, and if you live here, you would know why I say that is good. Another park with a killer view is Campfire Lodgings. Only problem is it has a gravel drive going up to it, and a tight turnaround to get out. Have drove through Mama gerties, and it is nice, and gets great reviews. Only problem I saw was it is on the side of a hill, and very steep pull to get to sites. Day I was there, they were towing a truck out that had lost a tranny trying to get up the hill. There are some other parks that are real nice, depending if you are looking for short tourist visit, or wanting something more for a longer stay.
2007dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We stayed at Creekside for nine nights, then canceled our reservation for the remainder of the month and. Our sight was way too small. The Montana was as far back as I could get it and still stuck out into the street. No place to park the truck except in the street. This was almost two years ago. They were preparing to build a new section of rv park next door. Perhaps those are larger. So be sure to ask for the new area. At the time we had a 36' 3295RK.

The management was decent. We did, however, hear traffic noise from the main highway in Pigeon Forge. And we frequently heard the PA announcer at one of the attractions on the highway. Our experience there was not a good one. However, others have said they like the park so perhaps our experience was an aberration.

We moved to Twin Creek RV Resort in Gatlinburg. We really liked that park and stayed there six weeks.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:48 PM   #13
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Thanks guys for all of the information. We are booking at Twin Creek RV Resort as soon as they call me back. This resort will be about two miles from where my relatives will have a cabin rented. This will be our first big trip in the RV.... I can't wait.

Thanks again for all of the first hand information.

Colleen
Old 03-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I hope you like that park. And it is only about 3 miles from the gate to the National Park.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:28 AM   #15
Monty06

M.O.C. #5839
My husband and I celebrated our 25th Anniversary last year in the Gatlinburg area, a return to where we honeymooned. We visited the sites listed in the recommendations above for Piegon Forge and agree they are great! The next time we go east we will stay at either Riverbend or Creekside. Unfortunately, we stayed at the KOA in a very expensive site for a week and was very unhappy with the site- our premium 5th wheel spot (3400RL) backed to the restrooms, the management was not friendly- very disatisfying since we're southerners living in the midwest and when we had a pet emergency, it was a part time teenaged foreign staff person that hailed the police to help us- no one else in the office could be bothered.
Monty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:03 PM   #16
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
we stayed at camping in the smokies and it is nice on a creek but too low a land when it rains as no run off

we also stayed at Mama Gerties out side of asheville for a week and loved it , nice and mountain type living
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote