Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 04:51 AM   #1
markwick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2204
Sacramento RV Parks?

Heading to Palm Springs from BC soon and would like to spend 2 nights in Sacramento to spend a day in Old Sacramento. Need recommendations for a safe, clean RV park,
Thanks

markwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:23 AM   #2
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
We have reservations at the Sacramento West KOA in June. We have not been there before but have not heard any bad things about it.

Mark
msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Just checked our journal for Sac West KOA. Been there twice. Recollections are that it was marginal "OK" but not better than that. Sort of "The only Game in Town". We selected it over anywhere else near there because of location...right off of the Interstate and fairly close to our daughters home in SAC, where we were visiting.

There were lots of "permanent" working "residents"; not a real RV vacation community. Internal roads were beat up, but adequate. Could be improved, but I doubt it. Make sure they know you are a 40 ft rig, slides on both sides, plus the tow vehicle. If you check the Trailer LIfe rating for them, it is pretty dismal. I tend to concur.

I probably will stay there again, if forced by circumstance, but it is not anywhere near the top of my CG list. Adequate for an overnight or two. Fairly easy access to the Interstate(s). You will have "road noise" from the Interstate.

If Sacramento itself isn't the reason for being there, I might suggest someplace either north or further south of Sacramento. I saw a place in Vacaville (about 30 min further south) that has a very good T/L rating. That is on I-80, however, and probably not on your route to Palm Springs. Check your CG reference materials again, use the Internet stuff and see what else you can find. Might try a Search in the Forum for "Sacramento" and see what pops up. Check the "Campgrounds" link at the bottom of this Forum Section

It will be OK, but not a place of my first choice unless necessary for other reasons.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:40 AM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
I've heard about the same as PJ. Sacramento isn't the best place on I-5 to stop with a RV. KOA is a little run down.
Not much else there.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote