Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
Furnace Maintenance

Is there any suggested maintenance to be done on our furnace. I have looked at http://www.montanaowners.com/maintenance.html and there is no mention of the furnace. I have searched here on the MOC and still nothing. I know in our stick house we have someone come out every year or two to look things over and they always find something (I think it is a law or something, that the mechanic find something). Our furnace is operating fine, just trying to avoid problems when it is 20 below zero here in Haines City, Florida!!!!

JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That's a good point. There are periodic checks to be made and these should be listed. Mostly stuff like blowing out and cleaning the connector board and the exhaust vent (spider webs, wasp nests can collect here). I also remove the floor grills and vacuum where I can, but I don't have a good method for cleaning out the floor ducting (maybe someone else can comment. There is probably something to check in the burner area, too (just like in the stickhouse) and I have never done this. Lastly depending on your floorplan there's an intake area (mine is at the bedroom stairs) that needs to be cleaned. I can also easily remove a basement panel to clean more thoroughly around the furnace.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
JimnJulie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5590
thanks, done all that, just wondering about further. Guess I am not alone.
JimnJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
"20 below zero here in Haines City, Florida!!!! " At that temp you probably won't need your furnace, Jim. LOL
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
20 Below zow........... to many days of that and I'm going to Motel 6
HA HA. Just joking, it is kind of funny all the snow birds head south to get away from the cold and still end up with it. Ho Ho Ho , Christmas just around the corner, snow maybe or a freeze I should say.
It's nice over here in California.

I am surprised that they dont have a service schedual for our heaters maybe they want to service it thinking we might mess it up which I doubt, getting into that thing has to be a bear. I should do mine after I read some of the replies and ideas, to bad they dont make a quiter moter for that heater
Old 12-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
Farmhawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9080
Our son went south for the winter but didn't stop soon enough and ended up at 90degS! http://www.usap.gov/videoClipsAndMaps/spwebcam.cfm
Farmhawk is offline   Reply With Quote