Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
slide awning replacement

I have a 155 inch slide for dining -sofa in my 3.5 year old full time unit. It has torn in the wind and I had to cut part away to bring in the slide to move.

I guess I am at the end of the useful life cause all the slide awnings are beginning to delaminate in the front of the coach. (Wind while traveling I guess.)

Since wind is a problem often, should I just have that awning removed?

Is it better for the unit to replace the awning?

Oh, the price here at the Rally is $269 + tax for a Carefree of CO replacement installed.

Gene

genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Gene -
That is a personal decision based on how you use your unit and whether you can afford it. Personally, since we camp frequently under trees, the awnings protect against accumulating stuff on top of the slide. As mentioned in other posts, it also keeps out rain from laying on top of the slide. We have had our unit 5 years and lost one in a tornado a couple of years back. We had it replaced. That was the right decision for us. I'm sure you will have others give their opinion the other way. Make the right decision for you.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
Is this for a slide out? Vinyl cam be replaced without purchaseing a new unit. We winter in Texas and at the local flea market they have several places that will measure and install a new vinyl slide top. Check your local area for canvas amd vinyl covers. If you have the vinyl replaced only, run your slide in and out a few times while the installer is still at your rig to make sure it is not to tight or the top sags after install.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote