Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Spring is close - rig is at dealer's for readiness

Easter is always our inaugural trip for the year, so Saturday we (myself and Bill from Bill-N-Donna who were up visiting us) stopped by our local dealer with the repair list for the rig to get it ready to roll for the summer. Still having troubles with the front jacks as we described last fall so we will let the technicians diagnose and make whatever repairs and replacements they deem necessary. Thank goodness for the foresight of an extended service plan. The only other issue they will be addressing is somehow I have managed to lose two of the vent caps on the gray and black tanks and they will be replaced. The only remaining item is that it seems during the last trip our last year that we lost one leg on the Autoformer. I will probably have the dealer check this out (still under warranty) and if indeed then we will send it back to Hughes for repair or replacement. The final readiness step willbe for the filling of the propane tanks, since it seems for some reason we get snowed on during this initial trip each year. So, as you can see, we are excited that Spring has almost Sprung!!! even if there is snow on the ground outside the window.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
HEY - Its only FEBRUARY! Stop that!

Of course its 72 here and I just took this boat in for trailer service this morning.

I used to loose my vent caps at the car wash with the hose dragging accross the roof. You just reminded me I need to replace the Winegard antenna - wind bent it backwards rolling down the highway last fall.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Help me out here Brad, you know as well as I do the effects of Cabin fever. I didn't say that I gave the dealer until Easter to get everything done!!! Melt, snow, melt!!! Boat is next on the list for Sterndrive oil change and de-winterization but I think I will wait until the 2nd or 3rd week in March for it. Planning on building a large dock (1000 sq ft) in the next month as well, so it is not like I will be bored!! Ha !!
Bingo
Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
The guy at the trailer shop was swamped! I told him I thought it was a slow time but he said all the ice if off the lakes so the fisherman are all out. I asked how they keep from freezing the boat engine at night, and he laughed. He said boat goes in garage - wife's Volvo goes outside

But yes - too early for me to start putting water in stuff. I try to use the Monty throughout the year if I can, but its easy to winterize. The boats a little tougher and the risk is much more expensive.

Wish I had lake front property!! Gee zoots!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Riverfront is what we have, this summer will be a tremendous blessing in that I usually get home from work around 7 and will still have an hour or two to fool around on the river. Last year, we moored at a marina about a half-hour away so weekday boating was out of the question. C'mon SPRING!!! I am like you though, the boat repairs for freezing are an area that I definitely don't want to have to go into. We will wait until dock is done so the water will provide the needed insulation. River is the largest in WV so freezing is not a real issue.
Bingo
Old 02-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
That sounds like a fun project. I'm so far from water I wonder why I don't pick a new hobby like growing corn or something.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:22 AM   #7
beakyfudd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8751
Bingo, I also can't wait for spring. I just brought our 5ver home from winter storage at my mom's. Plenty of PM to do after reading the MOC all winter. Lots of ideas. Our first getaway is scheduled for Palm Sunday.
beakyfudd is offline   Reply With Quote