Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
John and Carol
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6294
Removing window screens

Help please. It is easy to wash the interior windows that slide sideways. The screens slide so I can wash them. What about the windows that slide up and down? I can't figure out how to wash those on the inside. Especially on the rear of the coach next to the kitchen sink, they really nead washing, but I can't figure out how to remove the screen. Any ideas?

John and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Carol,

I posted how to do this on another thread after we picked up "Bella" in April. Hang on a minute and I'll try to find the thread and repost the answer here.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Carol,

Posted it in April under housekeeping, but I've copied and pasted here....

Okay, the "code" has been broken on window screen removal!

There are spring clips in the tops of the screens. Use your fingers underneath the top of the screen frame, push upward, the bottom should pop out of the frame (you might have to use one hand to push up the top and the other to pull out at the bottom) and, "Voila" the screen is out! To return to the frame set the top in first, push up, and press the bottom frame in and you are done.

Simple once you have the "Rosetta Stone" for window screens!!

Pass the word and start that window spring cleaning!

Robin
Old 06-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
John and Carol
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6294
Robin,

Thank you so much. Now part of my house will be clean. I really appreciate this so much. It worked. My windows are now clean. Thank you...thank you.

John and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
grooving grandpa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8250
Robin,
Wow, that is good info on the screens. My wife will think I am a genius now that I can remove them.

Thanks
grooving grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #6
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Carol,

You are most welcome! The credit for actually obtaining the information really rests with the the ladies of the MOC forum as the question came up just before we picked up "Bella" and I just added it to my "Questions to ask during the POI." Gotta love this place for all the information!

Lou,

I love the simple stuff that makes me look smart! I'm glad you will get "genius points" from the DW for knowing how to remove/replace the screens. However, you do realize that if she knows you know, you'll likely be doing the window cleaning! LOL

Robin