Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
Refrigerator drain tube

Has anyone replaced the little ribbed tube that sticks out the side of the rig through the access panel behind the refrigerator. The one on my Montana is brittle and keeps breaking off. I called Suncoast RV and spoke to the parts lady, big mistake. If you had this problem where did you get it and what is the nomenclature, please.

Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Old GI, I've not looked at how that tube connects but wonder if a similar tube would be available at a local hardware store. Since all it does is drain, anything that would fit should work, wouldn't it?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
You must have a white tube. I was told the white ones are not good as they disaggregate. If you can get one from Dometic be sure it's the black one. Don't loose that little clear plug in the end. It's gold. At lease when you pay for it. When I had mine apart to replace the cooling unit,that tube is at a bad place and I think that if you disconnect the frig and slide it out and put it on the floor standing up it would be the easiest to get at and change. As what to use that will be a good question. I was wondering if just clear tubing would be the best. Be sure the tubing that you use is ultra violet resistant. Maybe just neoprene hose would be better. It can take the heat from the cooling unit.These are my opinions and if someone know something that would be better just say so.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
I replaced the approx. 2" by 2" drip drain in the fridge because I broke the plastic insert. It was a two person job - one person inside resistance pushing on the dain, the other standing on a step-stool with arm following the drain hose all the way up. Right arm got squeezed and scratched, but drain hose was successfully attached. I did not remove fridge.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
waldo238
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7818
When I was looking through installation packet for the fridge, it actually shows the drain tube going through the bottom of the shelf that the fridge sits on. Is anyones drain tube installed in this fashion or just through the grille?
waldo238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:16 AM   #6
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
Mine is white, brittle and sticks out the bottom grill
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 AM   #7
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
When I got mine it was up in the middle of the grill, pulled it back in and out the bottom of the grill as best I could.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #8
RRman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7196
On the Dometic 2862 I'm parting out their is a black corrugated drain hose in good condition (at least the visible portion). Contact me if anyone wants it.
RRman is offline   Reply With Quote