Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
bdarr4014
Established Member

M.O.C. #6483
Campgrounds in Indiana and Ohio

We are planning a trip in mid June from Texas up through eastern states. I'm looking for opinions on campgrounds in Indiana and Ohio. Has anyone stayed at the Cloverdale RV park in Indiana? Some of the ratings in RV Park Reviews were not favorable, but most were over 2 years old. Also Ashland RV park between Columbus and Akron. We are not too familiar with these areas so don't know what to expect. How about must see attractions????? Thanks as always for your advice.

bdarr4014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Can't speak for the Ashland RV park specifically, but you are getting close to our neighborhood for attractions. I guess it would be better to know how much time you have to spend and what kind of attractions are you interested in. Just to name a very few, southeast of Columbus is the Hocking Hills State Park. Numerous waterfalls and hiking trails and a lot of scenic beauty. Take US 33 south out of Columbus. Ashland is on the very edge of the largest Amish community in the US. Look for Holmes and Tuscarawas Counties on your map. As you near the area you will find dozens of brochures and booklets on the area. Canton which is about 20 minutes south of Akron is home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Cleveland, about a half hour north of Akron is home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and lots of activity directed toward Lake Erie. Give us some further information and we will help you in any way we can.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:05 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Same here.We are just West of Cleveland near Cedar Point Park. As the campout Chairman for our local camping group we know about every Good C.G in the area... You must see the Amish Community area, Cedar point, The Lake Erie Islands. Let us know when you are in the area.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #4
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
I was near Cloverdale on business today so I did a quick drive thru. This used to be a KOA, the grounds were clean and looked like everything was fairly well maintained. There were a few units there either overnighting or getting an early start on the week-end. It is far enough away from the interstate so traffic noise isn't a problem. There are lots of trees, so plenty of shade. Sorry I didn't have time to stop in the office or talk to any of the campers.

Phil
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Its just my opinion and not intended to offend anyone but I would prefer to stay at Cagels Mill lake - Lieber State Recreation Area at Cloverdale just a couple miles south of I70 vs the Cloverdale campground. But I am sure reservations would be needed - state parks fill up rapidly.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote