Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
homendn
Established Member

M.O.C. #6008
Send a message via ICQ to homendn Send a message via Yahoo to homendn
New Member with a New 3295RK

I have posted a couple of times but figured this was the place to jump in with both feet.

I picked up my 2007 3295RK yesterday from the dealer. In a previous life - the one I traded in for the tana - I pulled a Terry Quantum bunkhouse. Nice Trailer, one slide, slepts lots of kids, NO Kitchen to speak of. After putting close to 20K miles on it running from SOCAL to Southern Oregon and back with it, I had a pretty good idea how to stay in front of it in most situations. I stressed a bit - OK a lot - about upping the weight and length in trailers. Here is the amazing part - with the front cap on the Montana, the underbelly closed in and changing back to the Ford OEM tires, the thing pulled like a DREAM! Gas mileage actually went up. I never knew how hard the TV was working pulling that other trailer. It was never overweight, just pulled hard.

So - that intro over - My name is Dave and the wife is Penny. We live in East San Diego County - Lakeside to be a bit more specific. I have three kids and 5 grandkids. Sure to be more as my youngest son just married his long time sweetheart a couple of weeks ago. I do most of the RV'ing. I am always on the run to Southern Oregon and Central CA visiting oldest son and family. Dad died a couple years back and I kept taking the RV up while he was sick. Now take it at least twice a year to visit with his wife and make sure all is well just before winter and after spring sets in.

I have to admit that this is the first time that Penny has truly gotten excited about getting out and about with RV.

Having spent a day with it now, I have found a couple of things that I truly love and a couple that are going to prove challenging. I saw on another post where the person had found a pad for the bathroom skylight. Waiting for answer to that one. Love the space!! Even the fireplace is cool. I really didn't want it, cuz of the extra weight ....... well ....... Like I said - pretty nice. The stove in the kitchen will be a challenge. With the fan and the convection/microwave, getting to and seeing the back burners is intersting. I am six feet tall and have to stoop to see the pots!! About the only other thing I have noticed and this didn't happen at the dealer during delivery, is that the kitchen slide near the entry door seems to scrape the rug real bad when it wracks out. Hmmmm - Somthing to watch .....

I pull the RV with a Single wheel, 2005 F350, 6.0L Diesel, FX4 Offroad package. When I went to hitch up I was convinced that I was going to have to raise the hitch at least one notch. Nope - Nada - Hinda - went right on and with a tweak of the airbags the trailer is straight and level. From all the posts here about hitches and bags and ALL the other GREAT info, I was ready to pick that thing up and had a Really GOOD idea of what to expect!! This site is AWESOME!!

Enough words for the time being - back out to the RV and play with something else!!

Dave and Penny Homen
homendn is offline   Reply With Quote