Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
North through Utah

We will be heading north to Oregon (Portland area) mid to end of April probably from Flagstaff area. Can anyone give me any hint of what route to go and hopefully not have to drive in any snow? What kind of weather might we run into? Would like to route through Salt Lake and hit the interstate for home.
Thanks,
Bob

49merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Bob & Jan,

You came to the right place. I am not an I-5 fan, and beings how we are in Moab as camphosts, you have to come by and see us.

Here is a Google Map to show you the route. We have traveled this route several times, and the scenery is breathtaking, and we know all the stops in-between.

You have our phone number.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #3
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Or, you could visit Page, AZ (Lake Powell, CO River, and Antelope Canyon!!!) then over to St. George and up I-15. Should be no weather problems that way?!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
Thanks guys for your input. Robbie you've got to quit putting all those beautiful pictures on your signature or I will never get home! LOL. If we take that route will definately be in touch. I may want to take a more direct route by that time.
Bob
Old 03-09-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Bob,

They're only red rock arches....We've got lots of them here.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
49merc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6266
They may be only red rock arches but they are quite a sight. I look forward to seeing some of the country up there even if we can't stay long this trip. Now I see you've put new pictures up. Where are the mountains from where you are?
Bob
Old 03-12-2009, 05:11 AM   #7
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Bob & Jan,

I got a new camera, so I'm practicing...The picture of the snow-covered mountains is a picture out my back window of the La Sal mountain range and of Arches National Park near Moab. The other one is of Mesa Arch in the Canyonlands (3/12/09).

Will post newer pictures soon, glad you like them.

We're going to be here at Arches National Park as camp hosts the entire month of March before moving on. The invitation is still open just in case you change your mind.

BTW, as stated by others, the length limit in the ANP "says" 30 feet. We have several spots that are over 50 feet. We have requested that the documentation be changed; they were unaware (not RV'ers), they agree and see this as a way to increase occupancy.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #8
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
We gotta get up to meet Robbie and Alice when we return to Moab next week! Goin to Steamboat Springs to visit kids n grandkids and ski, get the Jeep and come back. Yep those pics are great but bein here is better yet! I have the same mt. pic out my windows too! Robbie I think we have friends of yours from Canada next to us? Hope to cya next week.
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:32 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We spent a month in Moab, next to Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park. Wow. We'd do another month there, no question.

Nunya, Robbie and Alice are super people. We consider them good friends. And you have to see what all they've done to their Montana to make boondocking both pleasant and doable for relatively long periods. Ask Robbie about his Goosenecks wifi chair. Well, shoot, I'll just show you a picture. Note the antenna on the chair and the view. This is in Goosenecks State Park, Utah.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote