Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2004, 07:23 AM   #21
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
I wonder how we could get some of the eave spouts?? I am having black streaks real bad. Maybe the dealers could order them,Hmmmm! I wonder

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:43 AM   #22
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Longer spouts wouldn't do me any good. The eaves don't extend as far forward as the roof. My streaks are between there and the front cap and so far I haven't come up with a good fix for that. I sure am open to ideas
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 12:52 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Is there any way to extend (add) the gutters to curve along the molding all the way to the bottom of the side panels?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:14 PM   #24
jh1802
Established Member

M.O.C. #2162
I agree with padredw. I used to clean my roof religeously 2 times a season. The black streaks were terrible and hard to get off. I read on another sight that someone quit cleaning thier roof and the streaks stopped. So, I tried it and it worked. I don't get black streaks anymore. I do clean the edges of the roof that you can see but I do not clean the roof. Haven't in two years and I haven't had any black streaks in as long. I get up there periodically to check things out and although my roof isn't white anymore, It doesn't seem to be getting any dirtier looking either. Now I get up there at the beginning of the season and spray it off real good with water and a brush, and alot of dirt comes off but it is still dingie looking but I don't have to fight the black streaks anymore.
jh1802 is offline   Reply With Quote