Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #21
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Tim, we added a small freezer/refer also. Put it in the front cabinet where the w/d hookup is. We are able to use regular ice cubes and transfer them to a gal bag. Nice to have the extra room. DW does not want a w/d so it works fine for us.

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #22
countrylady
Established Member

M.O.C. #9820
Send a message via Yahoo to countrylady
yes, there's always gotta be room for the ice cream!!!
countrylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #23
Skip
Established Member

M.O.C. #7808
This is for the "older" mrmbers of this forum. I had to laugh at the mention of "church key". A few years ago myself and other vets were at the local American Legion hall having a few drinks and it was mentioned that we were never without a church key. The bartender, a nice young lady of about 22 or 23 years of age asked why we carried a key to a church. We then explained to her that it was a beer can opener that we used to open beer cans before they had tab tops. She stood for a moment with a puzzled look on her face and said, "They used to make them without tab tops"? ( I was curious and called the local Coca Cola plant and asked when they first started. They said 1963, and this was the ones that came all the way off. Remember we used to bend them together and make chains. So you could be appx. 45 or 46 and never had a can without a tab top.
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #24
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
I would suggest a pizza stone or 12" stone tile for the oven....you will see a difference in baking.

Also if interested save the styrofoam packing that comes in the microwave to protect the glass turn table plate. You can throw it away later.

I saved mine and our trailer is 5 years old....each time we are on the road I just put this plate on the styrofoam and place it in the microwave....have the same plate we started with. We don't usually travel rough roads, but we have traveled on a few questionable ones....This idea of the stryofoam just saves me from using a towel for wrapping.

Another item I like to keep in the kitchen is the Clorox ( not sure on that spelling )Wipes and a bottle of Waterless Hand Sanitizer (Purell)....makes it real nice for a quick clean up, especailly if you are on the road and use the kitchen for preparing food with no water in the tanks.

No matter what you plan, you will find yourself UNloading items down the road....We all tend to make things too easy and end up with a lot of Stuff in the trailer.

Start out slow and add as you go....you will find what is needed...

And ENJOY it is a fun adventure!
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:42 AM   #25
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
DW's favorite kitchen gadget is the cell phone - for carry out...

I'm gonna get it now!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #26
countrylady
Established Member

M.O.C. #9820
Send a message via Yahoo to countrylady
Kevin and Denise,
Thanks for some more good ideas!!

As far as the church key...I hadn't heard that term in such a long time that I had to say..."DUH!!!" I am old enough to remember the old pop tabs and have made a few tab chains myself in my younger life...LOL!!
countrylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
I'm feeling real old. Used to only be able to get cokes in bottles, and had to use a bottle opener.

A church key was the pointed end that pierced the can....they got smart and put bottle openers on the other end.....that was after they came out with cans for soft drinks and beer.

.....and to stay on topic...you need ONE of those!

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #28
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Do not forget the wine opener. I did when I picked up our motorhome and had to push the cork in...:-)
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote