Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2006, 09:30 AM   #121
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Just to complete the picture, and then to get out of the way, I note that I also responded on page 6 of this thread in this way:

I have posted a statement earlier on this thread which still expresses my feelings about this situation. This is only one quick note to say that regardless of what Keystone may do in the future about sixcampers' problem (and I most sincerely hope they will do something soon) it is already overdue and sixcampers should not have had to wait for a more adequate response.

All owners should expect the same good treatment from Keystone which so many members of this forum have been fortunate enough to have received.

So for now, we continue to wait to see whether sixcampers will get the support they need.

Now, I really am out of here.

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:04 AM   #122
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I was hoping to hear something back today from Keystone. It is 5:00pm and nothing I have not signed the papers on the other unit yet. I was kind of hoping Keystone would come back with some sort of reply today. I did not want to sign on the other camper and then find out Keystone was going to come through.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:20 AM   #123
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We were at our Montana Dealer all afternoon, Town & Country. In Clyde, Ohio. I asked the owner, Bill Tea if they had noticed any "change" in Montana in the last couple of months. He said no, not at all, He has the the highest regard for Aram and noted that he "came up through the ranks" That the issue had to go all the way to the top to be resolved is not a good review for the folks below him.I was never in a position as lofty as Aram's. But I can tell you that when a manager at that level has to resolve a issue that should have been resolved wwaayyy down the line.. He is not a happy manager.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:31 AM   #124
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
sixcampers, be patient a little longer. Today is Friday and that may have affected their availability. I sure hate that you have to wait a little longer, but I hope Keystone does come through. We're all holding our breath.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:34 PM   #125
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Why do I feel like I'm carrying a pitchfork and a torch???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 01:53 AM   #126
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Sixcampers,

Any way you go I am on your side. Good luck to you with your final decision.

I have been wanting to upgrade for quite a while but if I am going to draw limited funding out of my 401 to get a new unit I am not going to want to hear company sob stories to customers about initial construction issues handled by warranty departments. They should always always handle major leak problems at the factory. If they can't fix it then replace it. After all leaks will destroy a camper so it is a big problem.

It is my sincere hope that Aram will get things back together and do what has to be done to keep Montana on top.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #127
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TheCoachPotatoes

Bill, I find it interesting that you feel re-assured by the General Manager of the dealership where you do business. He's a saleman!! What do you expect? Sorry, this situation just seems so wrong to me. Ain't no salesperson going to persuade me differently. Keystone needs to step up to the plate and admit they dropped the ball on this one!
"Dropping the ball on this one" is not the issue. That is not up for debate. The question I asked my dealer was quite different and designed to see whether there was a general deterioration or change in the nature or quality of his dealership's relationship with Keystone. While I can strongly sympathize with the problem that is the subject of this thread, I am not prepared to jump to a conclusion that a blanket condemnation of Keystone is the proper response. I also do not accept that it is appropriate to criticize the credibility or sincerity of a person or company you know nothing about.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #128
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Sixcampers, we have had our problems with Keystone and finally just gave up on getting warranty work finished--they just made it impossible to do. Of course, it is our fault because we are fulltimers and can't wouldn't wait around for 8-10 weeks for a could of minor parts. Some work that was done at the factory was faulty/sloppy and not corrected. In looking to trade off our mistake, we have been looking at other RVs. Joined heartlandowners.org to see what folks thought of their products. Had a couple of questions and was delighted to get an email and a forum answer from one of the Heartland RV managers. They look at the Heartlandowners forum to get a heads up on problems and provide nearly instant feedback---how refreshing!! Not sure what we'll get but belonging to more than one RV forum has its advantages--we also belong to the Escapees forum. So, Sixcampers, stick around this forum--you sure have paid your dues!
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:31 AM   #129
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Sixcampers did you get the SB? Or did Keystone come through for you. Keep us posted.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:12 AM   #130
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
We have not heard a thing from Keystone and no we have not signed the papers yet on the SB. I will let you know what happens though. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #131
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Those Heartlands look real nice but sure are heavy, hope you have a big TV.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #132
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Still no reply? I thought his email stated lets get this done today. That was more then a week ago. Hope things work out but if was me I would jump ship. I love my Montana, and only had little things. But dealer here is great. So am very happy. But then again nothing major so keeping fingers crossed. Trying to stay up beat. But this issue sure makes it hard.

ken
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 01:32 PM   #133
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I do have some news actually. It rained here last night pretty hard. Went out to check the camper and sure enough it is SOAKED in the same spot. We have been telling them all along that we think the water is somehow coming in and running down between the walls. We have been telling them this for months! The slide was in and you do not see a trail of water anywhere. There is nothing above the puddles that could be the cause of the leak such as a vent or window etc.
Every time I spoke with the Keystone Customer Service Rep he tried to act like fixing the damage from the previous leaks fixed the problem @@
Old 04-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #134
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You know there may be enough mold /structural damage that you will get a new camper..Maybe you should contact the local health department or even the EPA.There have been homes condemed around here because of black mold. You need to get pictorial proof of the water now.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #135
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Not sure what the health dept or the EPA would do if anything, but you might get the unit condemned, then be fined for having a hazard, have to pay to have it hauled away, void your insurance and who knows what. Use to be an attorney and was taught not to ask a question if I didn't already have the answer. It may be a valid approach, but be careful just incase. You would be dealing with governmental agencies.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:48 AM   #136
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I just emailed Aram. I am hoping to have a response today. I read the above post from mobilrvn after I sent the email and now my stomach is in knots This whole mess just makes me sick. This is so draining. We have not signed any papers on the new camper as of yet. I have been avoiding calling the dealership - just stalling I guess. I do not want to make the wrong decision. I really wish this was over with and we were just out camping.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #137
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Trade it off, if it's taking this long for them to get back with you after they said lets get it done today then they are blowing you off and avoiding the issue hoping you will go away.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #138
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I got an email today from Aram. He said he has a meeting tomorrow with the senior members from customer service and would be happy to call us back after that. So looks like tomorrow we will have some closure to what has been a very trying time. AMEN!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #139
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Wow that reply was quick or was that the reply to the other email?

keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:03 AM   #140
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
No it was actually from an email that I sent him yesterday. I will let you all know what happens.