Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2006, 01:28 AM   #101
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
This news about the dealers getting frustrated with Keystone is really sad news. And since it seems to have started with the recent shakeup within the ranks, it should be hard to pinpoint. Hopefully, Keystone will wake up and smell the roses soon. We used to brag about Keystone's customer service. If it's one person who is causing all this disruption, there's an easy solution. Keystone needs a little reputation repair.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:44 AM   #102
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Things sound kinda scary from where we sit, we always dealt with Jeff and with Lon Nelson, two of the nicest people you would EVER want to deal with. They are both now gone. Have the bean counters arrived?? Oh, it smells a bit dank around here. OH, that would be the tears Montana owners are shedding. We pray this is just a bump in the road, time will tell.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:50 AM   #103
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Keep your chins up - I just now got an email from Aram Koltookian. He says "Lets try to get your situation handled today" Asked about the camper Is it leaking now? Did the dealership fix the leak or never find it? Why is the dealership telling you there is extensive water damage? Did they fix that damage? Where is the extensive water damage?

I can not believe it! Now that we have gone ahead and ordered another unit they are answering my pleas That is good news for you guys though. Keep that name handy. At least he answers the customers. That should make you feel better.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:02 AM   #104
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Phew! What a relief! Keystone is alive and well (?). Sorry it came a little too late for you, sixcampers. It does sound good from our angle. Hopefully, Keystone will do another shakeup in personnel, one that will benefit the consumers.....and help restore Keystone's reputation.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:31 AM   #105
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Aram Koltookian is the manager who took over the Montana Division from Jeff Rank and from all accounts is a very good man. Some times it takes awhile for the "word" to get to the top.I know that E mail was sent to Aram in your behalf.Some times there are folks in the chain of command that do not want The "Boss" to hear any bad news for fear that it will reflect badly on them/ their department. These folks have to be weeded out and given a job in the organization where they can do no harm.(the peter principle) "A individual will advance to their own level of incompetency within the organization".Your experience may help that happen)What was happening to you was not Keystones way of doing business.Lets hope this has fixed what was broke.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:46 AM   #106
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I was thinking of emailing him back and explaining that we have already placed an order on another unit but that I appreciate his response and concern for our problem. I would also like to tell him how upsetting it was to have to deal with such a rude CS rep. They need to know these things. Look how many people just on this forum have had to deal with Craig and not had a pleasant experience. Two just this week alone. I read other complaints about him on the Trailer Life forum as well. Under the same circumstances had I been able to speak to someone who was helpful and not so darn rude the outcome sure would have been different.
It has been said a million times - eventually all campers will have problems - the key is how the manufacturer handles the problems. If Keystone did not have such a smart aleck, rude customer service rep they would not have lost this customer. Instead of reporting bad news here on this forum and on the other one I could have said how Keystone was helpful. A satisfied customer speaks volumes for a product as does a dissatisfied one with the capability of speaking to thousands via the internet.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:25 AM   #107
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
sixcampers, You should email him back and let him know all that took place. I am just sorry that they waited so long as to lose your business. I am sure you will be happy with your SB.
I am also happy to hear Keystone is stepping up to the plate ..even though late. Good Luck!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:05 AM   #108
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I would let him know.. A manager can never correct a problem if they do not know they have one. I would forward him the entire thread.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:33 AM   #109
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Even before Sixcampers original post, I was starting to feel a little uneasy - just a general feeling. I read this forum almost every day. Couldn't put my finger on it, but there seemed to be a subtle (but definite) decline in the satifaction factor in dealing with Keystone/Montana problems since December (Jeff Ranks departure).

Hated to bring it up, as I didn't think that kind of negative was productive - maybe its still not. However, I know other regular MOCers here were starting to feel that slight chill in the air, too.

As some have pointed out here, maybe this is just a little temporary "adjustment period" that is necessary, and hopefully things will start to improve from here on out.

Amazing how powerful and important this forum is. MOCers have an uncanny sixth sense about subtle shifts in the wind...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:22 AM   #110
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Have just sent an email to my dealer in which I raised a number of the Keystone/dealer/customer issues being discussed here. Asked him to comment. Will be interesting to see what (if anything) comes back.

Bill
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:09 AM   #111
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
So......sixcampers, you did go to the other brand.
BTW the Sunnybrook/Talk site has nice folks. In fact, I think campers as a rule are all nice people. A real grade up from many people. I just don't trust the City Slickers

For the record (which I have said before) I had very good luck with my Mobile Scout. When I bought this Mountaineer, I was under the impression they were as good if not a better quality trailer than the Mobile Scout. Not so. I have my 2001 Mobile Scout parked right behind my 2005 Mountaineer I purchased this past late January. Not going into the laundry list of problems I have encountered on this Montaineer. Some of you folks are having the same problems and many or typical of all trailers

I hope I got what I paid for. The equivalent Sunnybrook in a 2006 model was going to cost me at least $33,500. I paid $27,500 for my Mountaineer. I just have to get all the bugs out. Already been through some warranty repairs and the dealer I took it to, Funtime in Cleburne Texas was very helpful and a good experience.

Hopefully in a year I can say this trailer is working pretty good.

hold on.....The little wifey called and said "lets spend the night in the new trailer tonight. The trailer is in the driveway but......who cares. I will build us a little camp fire (ice chest close by ) and watch the sun set over the pond behind my house.
come to think of it, I do need to break this thing in....

G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:15 AM   #112
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Good news Sixcampers but one question to Aram why did it take so long, did they read the postings and see you were moving on. I know for fact over month ago Aram was called, and emailed. Sixcamper did as well with no return calls, why change of heart know? Raises some questions still in my suspicious mind.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:37 AM   #113
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Sixcampers... Have to agree with the others on this. Do email Aram ... You have a wonderful opportunity to voice your dissatisfactions to those who can actually do something about them. However, IMHO I think you might "lose him" if you send the entire thread ... you might be more successful if you start with the "highlights," include the url to this thread, and see where it goes.

By the by ... totally agree with your opinion of the particular problem/person in Customer Service ... talk about your basic oxymoron!

Good luck!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:51 AM   #114
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
I did email him just a few minutes ago. I told him that I would like to keep the lines of commmunication open as you never know what will happen. I do not want to go ahead and assume the new camper deal will just go along with no problem and then find out for whatever reason it will not be a go. I answered his questions and told him about this thread here on the MOC. Most of what has been going on is documented right here and I think it is important for the powers that be to see how things like this can and will effect a business. This probably will have no bearing on me whatsoever as I am sure Keystones actions will be to little to late for me but for the rest of the MOC family it is not to late.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:01 AM   #115
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
This whole situation is stressful even from where I sit. Although we have had some problems with dealerships and repairs, we are happy with our Montana. However, just reading this post makes us really wonder about what's going on with Keystone. How many people may have already read this thread and are now deciding not to buy a Montana. This guy has been getting a runaround for over three months! I don't think it's just him either. As much as we like our Montana, if things don't change with Keystone, we may be looking at another brand when we decide to trade. As far as Aram is concerned, I think he's a day late and a dollar short!!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:06 AM   #116
G McCall
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5206
I have found it to be amazing that, where a buisness is so strongly in the wrong and still neglects it's customers, inspite of knowing this customer is telling all.
Makes you wonder whether the Customer rep is sabotaging their on company.
IMO, Websites like this may change the course of quality control.
G McCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:54 AM   #117
Bill Frisbee
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4493
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill Frisbee

Have just sent an email to my dealer in which I raised a number of the Keystone/dealer/customer issues being discussed here. Asked him to comment. Will be interesting to see what (if anything) comes back.

Bill
The following is from the reply I received from the General Manager of the Montana dealer where we do business. I find it to be re-assuring.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Bill,

Thanks for your email! We love the Montana product and have found them to be very fair and co-operative in their warranty department. We have no intention discontinuing any of our lines. We have a great relationship with Keystone and look forward to that relationship continuing into the future.
Bill Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:59 AM   #118
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
You got the back quick! I could not get anyone to listen to me for weeks and you got a reply back within hours! Just my luck.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:15 AM   #119
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Bill, I find it interesting that you feel re-assured by the General Manager of the dealership where you do business. He's a saleman!! What do you expect? Sorry, this situation just seems so wrong to me. Ain't no salesperson going to persuade me differently. Keystone needs to step up to the plate and admit they dropped the ball on this one!
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 09:25 AM   #120
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
As a Montana owner of 4 years, I have been concerned ever since I joined this forum by the wide variance in the ways that Keystone has resonded to different problems. While I am a very satisfied owner, I have never changed my opinion about this problem.

Way back on page 4 of this 12 page thread I stated my concern again in these words:

Here, it seems to me, is an excellent opportunity for Keystone to demonstrate what has been affirmed over and over again on this forum: that they do stand by their product and do treat all customers alike.

That last point has been my concern for the entire time I have been on this forum. It is simply not right that some owners should be given every care in even small defects and other owners have to suffer as it seems sixcamers has.

We should all be waiting to see what Keystone will do. It should not depend upon one individual's (Keystone representative) private judgement or attitude, and certainly not upon the personality or attitude of the customer.

The actions of Keystone will speak far more powerfully (positively or negatively) than all the words of defence (or of condemnation) which have been heard on this forum.

Let us just wait and see. Therefore, my request to sixcampers is to keep us informed.

I have read this thread with interest and concern, and wish the very best for sixcampers who kept us informed just as I requested.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote