Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Were to put "the Map"

Ok..we got one of those "where have we been Sticky on Maps" from CW and due to reasons that are beyond my control .. I need to find a place to stick it.(no wise cracks please)It is about 19 inches long and about 12 inches wide and no matter where I position it ..it seems to clash with the decor of the Montana. The sides of the slides are out as it looks like the seal would rip it off.So.if you have one of these " Maps" where did you stick it?????

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
How 'bout the inside of the basement door)
Wouldn't clash with anything there unless you were in "the doghouse" and forced to cmap out down there for a while
I had mine on the back of the cmaper when I had my TT, don't have one for the Monty yet.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #3
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
I put mine on the slide right by the entry door. It's a good conversation starter when under the awning or having someone over and it isn't always exposed to sun to bake onto the rig.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
On inside of entrance door under the door window. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
We have ours on the side of the slide and yes, the seal rubs on it. When we get a new one it will go on the inside of the basement door so it will only be shown when the door is open.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I would put it on the front storage door, that seems like a spot that won't spoil the good looks of the 3400 Montana.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rich
We have ours on the slide right by the entrance door. So far it is holding up very well. Out of the elements when traveling but shows when parked. The seal on the slide doesn't seem to hurt it. Just make sure you get the edges down good. I have a few bubbles in mine but it wasn't easy to get absolutely smooth. We have the one that has graphics on each state. I tossed Hawaii as I can't figure out how to make the Monty swim.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Ok..we got one of those "where have we been Sticky on Maps" from CW and due to reasons that are beyond my control .. I need to find a place to stick it.(no wise cracks please)It is about 19 inches long and about 12 inches wide and no matter where I position it ..it seems to clash with the decor of the Montana. The sides of the slides are out as it looks like the seal would rip it off.So.if you have one of these " Maps" where did you stick it?????
Rich,
We put ours on the slide by the door. In over six years it has never been bothered by the seals as the slide goes in and out.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #9
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Put it on the rearward window of the sofa/dinette slide.
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #10
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
Ours is on the side of Monty on the storage bay door but when we get the new Monty that will be a big decision. Someone mentioned once about mounting it on a piece of plexi-glass. I just did this with out MOC sticker - works well and we can put in in any window or outside, it will be easy to drill holes and place a hanger on it - just a thought.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:41 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We put the US map on the slide by the door. Canada is on the rear of same slide and Mexico is on the slide of the desk area. We have not had any problems with them there at all.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 AM   #12
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Ours is on the slide by the door also, no problems with it catching on the rubber seals when it opens or closes.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 AM   #13
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
We had one on the side of our previous TT. The Texas weather really took a toll on it over the years. I read a suggestion somewhere that one of those might affect your resale value by indicating the mileage traveled + they are hard to remove and leave an outline due to years of fading of the RV!! If I were going to do one today, I'd probably go with the plexiglass idea and then I could display it whenever/wherever I wanted.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:42 AM   #14
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VanMan

We had one on the side of our previous TT. The Texas weather really took a toll on it over the years. I read a suggestion somewhere that one of those might affect your resale value by indicating the mileage traveled + they are hard to remove and leave an outline due to years of fading of the RV!! If I were going to do one today, I'd probably go with the plexiglass idea and then I could display it whenever/wherever I wanted.
We've found that removal of these types of "stick-on" things come off readily with the heat from a hair dryer.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:23 AM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Doug,
I just noticed the bad word thingy is working on your little doggy! That is so funny.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #16
Heli 190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4448
We put ours on the inside of the main door.It works fine. When you have the door locked open it exposes it.
Heli 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:35 PM   #17
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We also have ours on the slide under the window by the entry door. No problem with the seal so far.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:07 PM   #18
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Mine is by the door which is at the rear of the coach. Anyplace that will catch peoplpes eyes will do.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:37 AM   #19
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
I bought my map when I had a pop-up. I mounted the map on a large, white flexible magnet. Actually I had it done at a sign shop. Still, I use the map on the door of the truck (drivers side). Being on a magnet, I can use the map or remove it as I feel fashion dictates!

If I ever start a Second Lap, I will put it on the monty, on the slide by the entrance door.

Happy travels
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:31 AM   #20
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092

We bought the one that has suction cups in each corner. It doesn't lay as flat as I would like, but it can go in any window, and can be removed without a problem.
Shirley
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote