Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
nickandmarilyn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5229
Need Service Opinions about dealer

We are close to ordering a new 3400RL and I am looking for the good or not so good experiences with the half dozen dealersI am considering. AplinHaus (Amsterdam), Scott Motor (NJ), Pocono RV(PA),Reines (VA), TriAM (FL), Suncoast (Tampa). If you feel you don't want to post a negative opinion, please send me a PM. This group has been great in getting us to this point and as I get close to placing the order, I'd prefer to avoid choosing the wrong dealer for a few hundred dollars difference in price. Thanks. Nick

nickandmarilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:26 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
In choosing a dealer, I would make sure it is one who gives good service and not just one who provides a "discount" in purchase price. I'm willing to pay a little more when I know I'm going to get service.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We have been very happy with TriAm. They have done work on both our units under warranty even though we did not purchase from them. Reines RV in Manassas did some work for us and we were not totally satisfied with the service we received. These are the only two dealerships on your list we have had any experience with but I agree with Orv, service after purchase is just as important as initial price and discount.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:28 AM   #4
stuart01

M.O.C. #7846
Hi!

You may be down the road on your "buying decision," but would recommend you take a look at Beckley's RV near Thurmont, MD. At least when we got our unit from them, they were less expensive than the VA folks. A big selling point for us (both then and now) is their excellent service. Good work at reasonable prices.

Cheers!

Tim Stuart
stuart01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #5
Tincup703
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6385
We've purchased two units from Reines including our current Montana, and never had any service related problems. I've never had to take anything back that they repaired or installed for me and have always been able to get a service appointment when I needed one.

The addition of Camping World in their building has definitely made buying from them a plus.

tc
Tincup703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:49 AM   #6
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
We agree with Stuart01. We got a great deal from Beckley's on our 2007 Montana 3400 (31% below MSRP). Have had warranty and other work done on it - great. The service manager, Keith Wilhide, is 100% responsive and creative when coming to solutions to problems when you are far from home. We are holding off on our few warranty items until we are back in Thurmont area. We were in Montana when our front landing gear would not raise or lower (Dave finally got the rig up high enough using the manual crank so we could hook the truck up). Called Keystone and they gave us dealer names in Washington state (our next stop of any duration). Had the gears repaired at Tacoma RV - good folks. Noticed a propane smell inside the rig here in Gulf Shores, AL. Took it up to the Camping World in Robertsdale and they found a leak on the red secondary regulator. Fixed it. More good folks. Guess we've been blessed with the folks we've had to deal with in emergency situations. Good luck in your search!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #7
nickandmarilyn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5229
Thanks to all, we ordered from Beckleys. Looking forward to a February delivery.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:02 AM   #8
TLG
Established Member

M.O.C. #7828
I'll also have to chime in about the service department at Beckleys. We purchased our unit from them in April of this year, and have had numerous issues with it. The saving grace has been the service department. On at least two occasions a tech spent time on the phone trying to solve our problem while we were camping. When you take your unit in, a tech goes over the issues with you. They document all problems and provide a write up of what was done to the unit. I've also called them with questions about winterizing the 5th wheel. If a tech is not available, they have always returned my call. I don't normally go out of my way to praise someone for just doing their job, but I have been impressed by the level of service we've received from Beckleys.
TLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:51 AM   #9
6.7 CTD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8114
I also buy my units from Beckley's ...........bought my first one there from Keith when he was a salesman.........now the service manager........and doing a great job in that position as well........they have a large facility to work on units.
6.7 CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #10
TheRanch
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6226
Cant say any thing about the others but I will say Stay away from Scotts Motor in NJ I purchased a TT from Them (Montana) in 2000 paid to much and service is REAL bad Once they have your money they no longer want to know you! When we purchased our Montana 5er we checked there price because they are the only Montana dealer in NJ, Price was $6,800.00 more than anyone else in the north east.
TheRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:24 AM   #11
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Pocono RV - I have had service work done there and I am very happy with the quality and cooperation of the service staff.
They also help host the 2007 NE Rally and had some great deals. I would check them out and compare deals.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #12
Montana_3118
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3118
Bought mine from one of the other Suncoast in Fl poor service after the sale.
Montana_3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:01 AM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I know that it is to far out of your way, but I have to say for the record, that Holiday World on I-45S of Houston, in League City, is fantastic. Great technicians, great service manager, great parts manager, and great sales people.

(Okay! They can pay me now! - really, they are great, so far)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:12 AM   #14
nickandmarilyn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5229
I guess this thread got resurrected. I ended up buying from Beckleys and pick up the 3400 in two weeks. Hoping for the best.
Nick