Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Practice and Testing Forum
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2004, 05:21 PM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
OK, guys, my fault. The reason you see nothing about free pic hosting is I gave you the wrong url. It's .NET, not .COM. So try this one -
http://www.hostmyimages.net

Now, that said, they seem to be down this evening. You can get to the page where you'd upload the picture but when you upload you'll get a forbidden screen. Or at least I do and Vicki does. Hopefully they'll be back up shortly.

Sorry for the messup.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 06:40 PM   #22
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Steve R... not sure if you experimented with the "insert code" button on the "reply to" screen yet? In case you didn't.......

It's just a shortcut for you to insert forum code. Go to a "reply to" screen then click on the "insert code" button. It will bring up the brackets and then you insert the desired forum code in-between the brackets.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:06 PM   #23
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I managed to find it yesterday and was able to upload a couple pics. One of which was my office picture in the Laptop or Desktop. I see now the picture doesn't work.

Steve, another question. Is there a file at hostmyimages.net that lists the various photos/images you have uploaded? If so I am unable to locate it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 03:20 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I got a reply this morning to my email. They're having server problems. The pics should be back soon as they get that fixed.

Glenn, it was my fault as I gave you the wrong url the first time. I think I posted the correct one up above a ways. No, there's no list to find your pictures. When you hit the 'host it' button it should come back with a number of urls. The faq says if you lose the url, just upload the pic again. So I guess you don't get to see your pics. It's just a service to host them for your use as you want. And they probably harvest and sell the pictures, too.

I have a folder with all the pictures I've uploaded to there. I have a file with the names of those pictures along with the hostmyimages url for that pic. Not the best way but it works.

D and M, thanks, but what is 'forum code'. Is that like the smileys? I was wondering if there's a way to use html code there, like for backgrounds. I guess I need to have a light turned on so I connect to what 'forum code' is.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:22 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, duh ==> me. I just clicked on the underscored Forum Code and it showed me those codes. Now I'll play with the insert code button to see how it works. Thanks.

later - I guess you have to be smarter than "it" and I'm obviously not. I have not found a purpose for using "insert code". When would I use that? I can do the bolds and the fonts and the img tags and the url tags and all without using Insert Codes. So what is its purpose?

Thanks. Sorry so dense.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:24 AM   #26
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Test

I did it, I did it

Went to host my images copied and pasted the link for the url.

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 04:09 PM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Good go, Linda! When did you post to hostmyimages? For me they 'went down' yesterday and are still down. I got an email from them, in reply to my email, saying they're having server problems. And when I go to their site it says they're having server problems and there's no Host It button right now. Are you seeing something different? It's 10:15 pm, central.