Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #81
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
To Carl & Rich, no I haven't talked with Robin (ever), most recently I have been in contact with a Michelle Diaz and per her instructions emailed VIN#, Model# and 9 photos with a brief discription of what is happening and what I would like Keystone to do. I even went as far as to say that I would accept a different year of graphics package if my year was not available because I do realize that things go out of production and also realize that instalation was at my cost but the answer is always the same a big NO. No free replacement, No reduced or discounted price JUST NO, and I quote, KEYSTONE PROVIDES A 1 YEAR MANUFACTURER'S LIMITED WARRANTY TO COVER SUCH PROBLEMS AND BEING THAT YOUR UNIT IS PAST THIS TIME PERIOD kEYSTONE CAN NOT PARTICIPATE IN REPLACING THE DECALS, YOU CAN HOWEVER PURCHASE THEM THROUGH YOU LOCAL MONTANA DEALER. Well KMFWA!

gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #82
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Do like Carl says talk to Robyn.. You know there are some graphics that are just not made any more due to the age of the RV.If they are not manufactured how can Keystone provide them.There are many truck and car parts that are not made anymore by the manufacturere and the can not provide them. Why do we feel Keystone should provide a product that is no longer made???

BTW desertRrver.. do you know lostinAZ from the Rv net forum???? maybe????
Why are they not made anymore. Montana has not elected to find another vendor other than Burlighton Graphics. Thereby leaving us Montana owners without a source. I doubt you would agree with Montana not supplying repair parts for your 3402. Or not supplying black tanks that many of us have had problems with, you having to replace it 3 times. This is an unacceptable situation.

What are you referring to relative to desertrver? Are you trying to change subjects? The issue is Montana has and is not supporting their customers properly relative to graphics. No deliberate obfuscation will hide that fact.
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #83
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
You'll see about 8 posts up a L-O-N-G post by us. It tells the story of our graphics. This post will tell the rest of the story.

So.. as the other post says, we obtained a whole new set of graphics in 2008.

Then, we did what you are not supposed to do: We let the new graphics sit in our garage from 2008 to mid 2012. Bad place for new graphics to sit because of the fluctuation of heat/cold and dust/dirt. And, graphics have about a two year shelf life. Oh-oh.

We peeled off the old graphics in late 2010 or early 2011 and it was quite a chore. Don't let your graphics go very long once they start cracking. Ours looked like puzzle pieces and each little piece had to be removed by itself. Our Montana was "naked" (all white) and it was U-G-L-Y and embarrassing to take anywhere. We didn't get around to start applying the new graphics until yesterday. Just had to find them in the garage.

We are "Weekend Warriors". I retired in late 2010 and the husband still works full-time at a business that we own. Our Montana is stored in a storage facility so we don't get to work on it unless we pull it out of storage and over to our shop's parking lot on a weekend where we can work on it.

Once we took the graphics out of the two big boxes and started applying them to the Montana, we were pleasantly surprised. They look great. The colors are still vibrant and the adhesive is good. We are about 90% done with applying and it looks like we gave our Montana a face-lift. It's rather easy to apply the new graphics.

The set they gave us doesn't exactly match up to where the old set was and there are "ghosts" here and there of the old graphics. But that's okay. The Montana still looks great and when you really think about it... having a few ghosts aren't really something to be upset about.

Life is good.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #84
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Yep, Been there, done that. Montana supplied the replacement decals for our 2005 Monty, and agreed to install them about 2009-2010 at their factory facility. However, after installation they discovered that they didn't have all of the graphics so agreed to send the remainder to me for installation at a local dealership. We negotiated with the dealer to split the installation cost, but no more than $100.

The new graphics looked great for about 18 months. They have started repeeling again so this time we are just removing some or parts as they peel away. It turns out the replacements, were apparently from original stock so we didn't gain much. The "ghost" doesn't look too bad so we are sticking with what we have.

Although, we plan to put Monty on the "for sale" block this fall, it has been a wonderful unit. We plan to downsize a bit and don't need one this size anymore.

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote